PDA

View Full Version : Tank Transfers : PLEASE HELP

matmos
08/11/2017, 11:05 AM
Hey guys

Here's my situation, I just moved (this week) from one place to another... and now the final step is to transfers my 60g into from the old place to a 110g in the new place.

The new tank has been running since 4 weeks now, since it was a new construction i was able to start a new tank as soon as i could.
Started the new tank with all new rocks; caribsea Life rock.
Got a little ammonia spike but now its going down.

My question

Can I transfers all of my marinepure blocks from the 60g ( two 8x8x1 and one 8x8x4 ) along with all my living to the new tank even if the cylce doesn't look completely finish ?

Do you guys think the marinepure blocks (which has been running for 8 months in the 60g) will take care of the remaining cycle ?

I know ideally it would be better to wait but I'm kind of in a hurry since i have to leave the old place to the new owners this weekend... just wanted to know if this could work or if i need a planB.

tks in advance

mikeatjac
08/11/2017, 12:06 PM
Your new tank is not ready since it has ammonia still in it.

You may be able to jump start it my moving your blocks over asap. Then test Sunday.
If not plan b is in order what ever that is. You want to make sure you have some amquel on hand just in case.

squeakymcmurdo
08/11/2017, 01:21 PM
Use the blocks for the new tank now. Put all creatures in coolers when you move them from point A to point B. Hopefully the new one will be ready, but if not plan B could be to set up the 60 like an emergency quarantine and wait for the new tank to finish cycling.

ahuaia
08/11/2017, 03:14 PM
Get some bottled bacteria to help the process along I use bio spira

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk