PDA

View Full Version : Could I get feedback about RedSea KH Coralline Gro

Tom Rodgers
08/11/2017, 10:52 PM
Hi All -

I have a new Nuvo Fusion 20 tank with the following:

20 lbs Argonite special grade Live Sand
15 lbs Live rock that has been cured for 3 months at my local LFS (I know so because I had it tagged to me and came in weekly to make sure it was still there.

I just bought the RedSea supplement mentioned in the the subject line. Have not used it yet. The LFS highly recommended it to boost the coralline. After getting it today I saw some mixed reviews online.

I was absent from saltwater reef aquariums for about 6-8 years and things have changed a lot with supplements on the market for this. I used to use PurpleUp early then reverted to Kallawaser <sic> plus strontium and magnesium and some iron after a couple of months in prep of corals. I think I'm right on that but 6-8 years out it seem to be a blur.

I look for any thoughts on what I bought and recommendations to meet my targeted purpose. If this is posted to wrong forum I ask the admin for the forum to re-post as appropriate.

Thanks - Tom

bertoni
08/12/2017, 08:47 AM
[welcome]
Coralline should do well if the lighting is good and the calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium levels are in the recommended ranges. I doubt that any other supplements are going to be necessary in your tank. Coralline also requires nitrogen and phosphorus from the water column, but those rarely are limiting.