PDA

View Full Version : Clowns are fighting

cluelessclown22
08/12/2017, 02:56 PM
My two DaVinci clownfish are having a big fight. Have had them both together for about 2 months. There is a smaller one and a bigger one. Bigger one being about an 1.5 inches. They have been doing well, having little tiffs here and there but they sleep together and swim together daily. They both shake submissiviely at each other but strangely the larger one shakes more than the smaller one.

Now my smaller one is hiding in my colt leather and the bigger one sits outside it waiting to attack the smaller one. Should I be worried or are they just sexing it out?

This is our first time having two clowns. Last time we had a tank 6 years ago we only had one clown.

Need some advice...
*Cluelessclown*https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170812/2f378657920ad5ecf270e34e5cdeb0ca.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170812/4a0bb294ca757201fc2b06f99178bec8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jstack
08/12/2017, 03:37 PM
start to see bad fin loss I'd seperate but it's typical of darwin's mean lil'bugger's
when I had a pair that was growing up the male was always sporting small nips in his fins till she accepted him.

cluelessclown22
08/12/2017, 03:40 PM
start to see bad fin loss I'd seperate but it's typical of darwin's mean lil'bugger's
when I had a pair that was growing up the male was always sporting small nips in his fins till she accepted him.He has little bits on his tail. I'm hoping they figure it out I have really enjoyed watching them. The larger one shakes is that her taunting him or saying I'm sorry?

Lance M.
08/12/2017, 05:44 PM
He has little bits on his tail. I'm hoping they figure it out I have really enjoyed watching them. The larger one shakes is that her taunting him or saying I'm sorry?

The shaking behavior from the smaller one is normal. It is being submissive.

I agree if it becomes extremely aggressive then separate them. For the most part, it is normal when they are becoming a pair.

Edit: I just reread and saw you said larger one shakes. I haven't seen that. How big is the size difference?

cluelessclown22
08/12/2017, 06:29 PM
The shaking behavior from the smaller one is normal. It is being submissive.

I agree if it becomes extremely aggressive then separate them. For the most part, it is normal when they are becoming a pair.

Edit: I just reread and saw you said larger one shakes. I haven't seen that. How big is the size difference?The big on is probably half an inch bigger. And has always been bigger since we have gotten them.

Reefingmark
08/13/2017, 10:19 AM
My clowns did the exact same thing. Their behavior got so bad at one point the small clown jumped out of the tank lol (thank goodness I was home). Eventually they worked it out. So unless it becomes a huge problem (fin loss) I'd let them work it out.

squeakymcmurdo
08/13/2017, 03:16 PM
Perhaps you ended up with 2 females? As I understand it, once they become female, there's no going back.