PDA

View Full Version : Possible L1 issue ??

cali9dub
08/13/2017, 08:38 AM
I took my L1 out of my 67xl Solana to give it a good clean before converting it to an external closed loop pump on my new 180gal. When I was disassembling the pump for cleaning I notice that there was water inside the main body of the pump. I can hear it sloshing around in there. Is water intrusion normal for this pump or is this a problem? I have also emailed ecotech to see what they say. I'd hate to move this to externally mounted and have salt water dry up in there and cause corrosion problems or heat problems that wouldn't ordinarily be noticed while being submerged and passively cooled by tank water. Thanks for any inputs guys/girls !!

cali9dub
08/15/2017, 04:52 PM
well no answers here or from ecotech. They asked for a picture of the problem, which would just be a pic of the pump itself. Not sure what help that would be??? Oh well...

mfinn
08/16/2017, 08:22 AM
Is the water inside the dry end?

cali9dub
08/16/2017, 08:38 AM
Is the water inside the dry end?

It's in the motor block area where the cord enters. Ecotech got back with me and they are going to send me a new one.

mfinn
08/16/2017, 08:52 AM
It's in the motor block area where the cord enters. Ecotech got back with me and they are going to send me a new one.

I would be totally freaked out if I thought there was water in the dry end.
I'm glad to hear Ecotech is helping you.

cali9dub
08/16/2017, 09:07 AM
If I was someone who never took it out to clean it, I'd never know unless it fried my tank !! Although it might be completely sealed internally and the white outside is just a cover. At least it's getting swapped. It's only 9 months old.