PDA

View Full Version : Is this ick? (Pictures)

Powder Blue107
08/14/2017, 11:32 AM
I woke up one morning to my return pump half dry half wet due to my evaporation causing millions of tiny microbubbles in my tank so I looked at my clowns assuming they were stressed and they were. My female had these white spots that at first didn't look like it ick, it looked like a bite marks on an acropora eating flatworm almost like small white splotches rather than crystals of salt so I disregarded it. This morning I woke up and saw these specs on my clown, I'm assuming it's ick. I just need to know what should be my next approach as for medication. Should I use Cupramine or formalin? Or any other brand I'm open to suggestions. Is this ick?
Thanks in advance to everyone that helps

Bma1972
08/15/2017, 09:40 PM
I woke up one morning to my return pump half dry half wet due to my evaporation causing millions of tiny microbubbles in my tank so I looked at my clowns assuming they were stressed and they were. My female had these white spots that at first didn't look like it ick, it looked like a bite marks on an acropora eating flatworm almost like small white splotches rather than crystals of salt so I disregarded it. This morning I woke up and saw these specs on my clown, I'm assuming it's ick. I just need to know what should be my next approach as for medication. Should I use Cupramine or formalin? Or any other brand I'm open to suggestions. Is this ick?
Thanks in advance to everyone that helpshttp://www.cdmas.org/articles/article-library/salt-water/animal-husbandry/disease-and-treatment/the-brooklynella-parasite.html

I'm guessing of the picture. I have bested it before with just prefect tank condition and feeding god foods. In my case The tank was to large and to many places for the fish to hide, so QT want going to happen. Chasing a fish around on end to grab and throw in QT would of been way to to Stressful on The fish. The fish will usually die from a secondary infection exhaberated from stress not the "ick" or Brooklynella itself. Watch the "breathing" it's a good indicator of health. Off your fish are all ready in bad shape, and not very lively, QT is the best option. Check above link and good luck. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/d617185e7bb6b83a05f0a995459cf150.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mishri
08/16/2017, 10:23 AM
looks odd.. doesn't really look like ich to me... If it were ich and you don't have any inverts, sea horses, pipefish, wrasse you can use Chloroquine phosphate.. takes care of a broad spectrum of parasites including ich (It's a malaria medication). it's available in New Life spectrum ich shield Powder.. make sure to get the powder and not the food. It's difficult to overdose, and no testing.. and wont soak into rocks like cupramine would. (I couldn't keep cupramine stable with rocks in the tank, kept dropping too low which meant I had to start over).

Powder Blue107
08/16/2017, 10:34 AM
looks odd.. doesn't really look like ich to me... If it were ich and you don't have any inverts, sea horses, pipefish, wrasse you can use Chloroquine phosphate.. takes care of a broad spectrum of parasites including ich (It's a malaria medication). it's available in New Life spectrum ich shield Powder.. make sure to get the powder and not the food. It's difficult to overdose, and no testing.. and wont soak into rocks like cupramine would. (I couldn't keep cupramine stable with rocks in the tank, kept dropping too low which meant I had to start over).

Ive been observing tbe fish for days now and im pretty sire its some sort of fungal infection due to the cottony look around the edges (Doesn't look like a grain of salt). As a precaution, I put both my clowns in QT. (They're my only fish) and putting them through a round of prazi. Ironically she no longer has any spots before putting her in QT. I think im going to put her through 1 week prazi a 1 week melafix and 3 weeks observation. If i see signs of illness ill get more aggresive with a mix or prazi a cupramine

Powder Blue107
08/16/2017, 10:35 AM
Thanks for all the inputs

Powder Blue107
09/14/2017, 01:54 AM
Bump

Jdub968
09/14/2017, 07:13 PM
Fugal is uncommon in salt water tanks, I would fresh water dip and look for flukes if you don't see any you can dose paraguard it's a catch all but not a go to Med if you have ick imo it's not strong enough to cure ick or velvet the good thing about it is it will work for brooklynella. The other option would be dose metronidazole to the tank and this to will cure brooklynella. If it gets worse and its ick I would go to copper or cp

Powder Blue107
09/15/2017, 02:57 AM
Fugal is uncommon in salt water tanks, I would fresh water dip and look for flukes if you don't see any you can dose paraguard it's a catch all but not a go to Med if you have ick imo it's not strong enough to cure ick or velvet the good thing about it is it will work for brooklynella. The other option would be dose metronidazole to the tank and this to will cure brooklynella. If it gets worse and its ick I would go to copper or cp

After observing the fish for so long i dont think its ick. Might be flukes or something similar cause I 1st treated with prazi and she remained in the same condition. Then i added copper along with the prazi and added prime unaware of cu2 converting to poisonous cu+ that prime and copper make when combined. So I then did a 100% WC and observed them for another week and again she got those white splotches. So now im on day 5 of their 2nd round of prazi and shes responded well to it but now she looks like she has a scar on her 1st bar ( the 1 behind her eye). I can kind of see the orange through the white like when you scratch a cars paint down to the primer. Going to do a WC on day 7 and redose prazi to kill juvis and do a 2 week obv period. If that doesnt work, ill try paraguard.

Powder Blue107
09/15/2017, 02:59 AM
Ugh, my clowns have been in QT for 6 weeks now and they still might be there for 3 more weeks if prazi fixes the issue. Honestly QTing takes the fun out of the hobby. I know its worth it but fu*k ��