PDA

View Full Version : Long thin RBTA - what is wrong?

rozzzna
08/15/2017, 04:07 AM
I have recently bought a small red BTA (I think) but ever since it has been in the tank, it has behaved strange. It has expelled water several times (is that normal - maybe 2-3 times almost right after each other). And the rest of the time it just stretches and have very tiny and thin arms. i have placed it right under a lamp as high as it can go in the tank. But it still looks like this?

It is also displaying what I think of as nervous behaviour - it stretches, then detracts, then stretches again, quite rapidly actually and all day long.

Here is a picture of it stretching:

humphreyhh
08/15/2017, 04:18 AM
Mine does that too, but mine looks like yours in day time, during night times it shrinks in size. If your readings are good and lighting is enough, I don't think it's a big deal. How recent was your purchase? Give it some time to settle in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rozzzna
08/15/2017, 04:50 AM
Params are ok
Alk 8.3
nitrate 0
phosphate 0.02
nitrite 0
ammonia 0
ca 480
mag 1500
silicate 0.03
salinity 1024
temp 74.3 F

I should have adequate lighting, my other RBTA is fine.

This small one has a weird thing going - it stretches then get a trumpet like shape where it is really tiny at the bottom of the foot and top heavy, so it flops quite a bit back and forth in the currents.

i bought it 4 days ago.

humphreyhh
08/15/2017, 06:59 AM
Since you have another one doing fine, i think it's just adjusting to your system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk