PDA

View Full Version : Can you pair captive-bred percula clown & black and white clown?

ECU_Pirate
08/16/2017, 04:01 PM
I really want both. Would one of each pair up together, or would I need a pair of B&W and a pair of orange?

Do they do better with pairs or as singles?

WatDatThing
08/16/2017, 04:35 PM
That's exactly what I have. They seems to get along. Don't know if they will mate though

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

hotelbravo
08/17/2017, 11:20 AM
the skin pigmentations is not a different species indicator. its like asking if a black man and a white woman can marry and produce offspring.
you can pair two percula with each other. regardless of their color pattern.
if the black and white clown is not a percula and is in fact ocellaris then it can still be done just not a easy.
the percula and ocellaris have slightly different signals they give to each other and sometimes pairs cannot establish and its believed to be due to them unable to read the signals of the other.

davocean
08/17/2017, 07:35 PM
People mix perc w/ occs all the time regardless of colors.

Yellow_donkey
09/01/2017, 09:04 PM
This is my two now, fighting like dogs and wont pair. I love them both, very pretty fish and hate to get rid of male, but he will not submit, wont dance for her, weeks now.

westohooligan
09/08/2017, 12:22 PM
This is my two now, fighting like dogs and wont pair. I love them both, very pretty fish and hate to get rid of male, but he will not submit, wont dance for her, weeks now.

Just be patient. My male won't dance until the female really gets at him. I've seen this in other clowns too. I think it has something to do with how inbred they are now. It's like they lose some of their natural instincts.

westohooligan
09/08/2017, 12:23 PM
That's exactly what I have. They seems to get along. Don't know if they will mate though

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

They will. My very first breeding pair was an onyx perc female with a regular ocellaris.

aznflyfisherman
09/09/2017, 10:47 AM
I have a black n white, snow flake thst paired up n a clarkii clown in my bta 29g biocube tank. They get along fine for 2yrs now.

In my 110g i have a paired mocha clown, regular maroon clown n a gold bar clown.