PDA

View Full Version : Possible marine disease?

Blu3s94
08/16/2017, 05:04 PM
5 days ago I added 4 fish to a 55 gallon quarantine tank that I purchased from LFS.
Scopus tang
Kole tang
clownfish
Lavender tang

Yesterday was day 4 and I started cupramine at .25. To my surprise today my kole tang and lavender are breathing heavily and not eating. The Scopus and clown are ok. I did a large water change and added carbon thinking they are sensitive to cupramine... well the cupramine is nearly gone... (.01) and they are still breathing heavily and not swimming much at all or eating.

No prime was added and the quarantine was well cycled 2 months prior. Have a seachem alert ammonia badge so those can be ruled out. The only thing I can think of is velvet... Should I fw dip? I have never dealt with anything but ich.

I was planning on Prophylactic treating with cupramine and prazipro. That is why copper was added in the first place. Fish were eating and looked healthy before starting cupramine on day 4.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nutbar29
08/16/2017, 07:07 PM
Pictures of fish would help. Also are they swimming close to the fans or wave makers? Are there any spots or markings on them? What your ph at? What is your copper reading at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blu3s94
08/16/2017, 07:48 PM
No they are hiding in pvc on bottom. No spots or markings that I can see. Need to go test for ph. Cupramine was at 0.25, it is now at 0.10 with carbon still removing it.

Blu3s94
08/16/2017, 08:03 PM
PH 7.8
Temp 78°
Salinity 1.022

nutbar29
08/16/2017, 08:34 PM
Are they scratching or bumping on things in the tank?

Blu3s94
08/16/2017, 09:41 PM
Are they scratching or bumping on things in the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNot that I noticed... They are just acting a complete 180 from the first few days.

Blu3s94
08/16/2017, 09:43 PM
Would you recommend going back to cupramine and prazi or wait?

nutbar29
08/17/2017, 08:59 AM
Are you on ********* also if so they have some of the best people that can help went it comes to fish disease. I have more knowledge with seahorses then fish and I would hate to give bad advice.

lagatbezan
08/17/2017, 02:51 PM
are there any other symptoms beside them not eating and breathing heavy? Also is the water well oxygenated?
Keep up with some more frequent water changes to get all the copper out and see if it helps. I wouldn't personally treat with anything until i can figure out what the issue is and know what to treat for. IMO just throwing different medication at them when they are already week and not doing well might do more harm then good if its the wrong treatment.