PDA

View Full Version : White spotted pygmy filefish (Rudarius ercodes) tank size

extendedmango
08/17/2017, 03:08 PM
Could I house one of these in a IM Fusion Nuvo 20? It seems everyone keeps these in huge tanks, but is having one in a nano possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cougareyes
08/17/2017, 10:32 PM
The pygmy only gets about 3" and is perfect for a nano tank; I looked into a pair when I was keeping nanos. Didn't get them but was looking at the ones captive bred by ORA. There is also a larger white spotted filefish, Cantherhines macrocerus; which may be what you are thinking of that is kept in larger tanks.

extendedmango
08/17/2017, 10:51 PM
The pygmy only gets about 3" and is perfect for a nano tank; I looked into a pair when I was keeping nanos. Didn't get them but was looking at the ones captive bred by ORA. There is also a larger white spotted filefish, Cantherhines macrocerus; which may be what you are thinking of that is kept in larger tanks.

Ah that may be it. Did you ever see any for sale?

cougareyes
08/17/2017, 10:56 PM
Yeah on Divers Den. If you have a lfs that does business with ORA you could get them to order them for you, they really are neat as a pair.

extendedmango
08/17/2017, 11:00 PM
Yeah on Divers Den. If you have a lfs that does business with ORA you could get them to order them for you, they really are neat as a pair.

I'm not sure I have space, I'm planning to have a shrimp goby and possum wrasse with the filefish. I think my LFS works with ORA so I'll ask him for one.

Thanks for the help!