PDA

View Full Version : Too much flow for Bangaiis

ClownfishNut
08/18/2017, 09:34 AM
I got in a pair of bangaii cardinals three days ago from LA. They both looked good and were eating, but when I woke up this morning one was stuck to the Jebao. I worried this would be and issue with more of a lagoon fish. I'm running two jebao pp-15s on the fifth setting in continuous mode on a 6 foot long 155 about midway up the tank. Is this issue or is it something else?

jayball
08/18/2017, 10:08 AM
They should be able to find a slightly lower flow area somewhere when they need a break. Mine has no issue swimming in front of my MP-40 @ 50 percent during feeding time but will split the rest of the time in the lower-medium flow areas.
With fish that new to the tank I am willing to bet that it was either shipping stress or disease.

ClownfishNut
08/18/2017, 02:10 PM
The other bangaii was swimming sideways and getting pushed around the tank so I pulled him into a bucket in the sump. Must have been sick or stress from shipping

ThRoewer
08/18/2017, 04:21 PM
I have kept Banggais in tanks with at times outright brutal flow (Jebao MP40 at full speed in a 40B tank) and they didn't have any problems there.

If they get sucked to the pump it's a sign that they are weakened either by the shipping or a disease.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk