PDA

View Full Version : Feeding SPS Individually

Doge
08/20/2017, 03:39 PM
Hey guys I had a question. I just got a new SPS frag and was wondering if I just feed that one frag every night by itself will it have any positive effects? I plan to feed reef roids or coral frenzy. Any opinions?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pife
08/20/2017, 03:44 PM
You know my response but I'll say it here so others can read it too. I have not experienced any thing positive from directly trying to feed sps.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

outssider
08/20/2017, 04:45 PM
You know my response but I'll say it here so others can read it too. I have not experienced any thing positive from directly trying to feed sps.

and also algae/cyano can go crazy if you're not carful about increased nutrients getting into the system....

DiscusHeckel
08/20/2017, 05:44 PM

I second that.

kainic
08/21/2017, 01:37 AM
I've seen a positive impact on stressed and bleached corals, those whose photosynthesis has been compromised. On healthy corals I've not seen any change positive nor negative.

Doge
08/21/2017, 07:08 AM
I've seen a positive impact on stressed and bleached corals, those whose photosynthesis has been compromised. On healthy corals I've not seen any change positive nor negative.I think I just might do like a quarter of a squirt a night. My WD is pretty brown atm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kainic
08/21/2017, 07:11 AM
I think I just might do like a quarter of a squirt a night. My WD is pretty brown atm

Sent from my SM-G930V using TapatalkIf brown I guess it won't need any extra feeding. If pale it would benefit.

ssgss gogeta
08/21/2017, 07:12 AM
Generally particularly sps get enough from the water, I do remember brs doing in the 52 weeks of reefing a proper test that showed benefits of reef roids and their product I forget what it's called. And I'm pretty sure they were testing on monti's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiscusHeckel
08/21/2017, 07:28 AM
The only thing I would feed my SPS would be live rotifers.

Relativity
08/21/2017, 08:27 PM
The only thing I would feed my SPS would be live rotifers.

A study showed that sps have a poor rate of capture of rotifers

DiscusHeckel
08/22/2017, 02:15 AM
A study showed that sps have a poor rate of capture of rotifers

Thanks. I woild like to read that study. Can you please share its citation?