PDA

View Full Version : 32g BioCube next fish thoughts

TexChuck
08/21/2017, 03:26 PM
Hi all!

I have a 32g BC that has been up for about 8 months. I'm getting ready to add another fish or two and am looking for some thoughts.

Current inhabitants:

Fish: 1 Pair True Percula clownfish, 1 pair Yasha Goby, 1 twin spot Goby

Inverts: Royal Urchin, Cleaner Shrimp, Red Banded Pistol Shrimp (with the shrimp gobys), conch, many snails

Coral: softies, lps, sps.

Considering next:

Helfrichi Firefish (like but is this too much timid in my tank?)
Tailspot Blenny (i think this will be the next fish!)
Royal Gramma (to be added last -- assertive -- or chalk or black cap)
Pygmy/Possum Wrasse (Just started researching, instead of basslet?)
Neon Goby (Just started researching)

Questions:

How many more fish, reasonably, do you think I should look to add?
What do you guys think about the above selections?
Should I be looking at anything else?

Thank you in advance !!!

CoralsAddiction
08/21/2017, 03:30 PM
I'd just add a possum wrasse and that's it.
I am currently running a Biocube 32 with a pair of true percs and two barnacle blennies. They keep me entertained.

TexChuck
08/21/2017, 03:39 PM
I'd just add a possum wrasse and that's it.
I am currently running a Biocube 32 with a pair of true percs and two barnacle blennies. They keep me entertained.

Thanks. I'm overthinking fish!!! I hadn't considered a possum wrasse before today when I saw suggested in another thread, and it seems like it will fit the bill for color and interest. The yasha are great, but are underground most of the time. Firefish would probably do the same.

jar41
08/21/2017, 04:56 PM
possum and tailspot blenny. wouldn't add more than that.
ps firefish are huge jumpers!

mike61289
08/21/2017, 08:55 PM
I think you're maxed out already with 5 fish. The clowns will grow big with time and won't want to share their space with newcomers.

TexChuck
08/22/2017, 01:51 PM
I thought I might be getting close to maxed out... The clowns are definitely the most assertive in the tank; my other 3 fish are very timid. (The yasha pair and shrimp are underground 95% of the time, and the twinspot mostly sits on the sandbed)

I like the idea of the tailspot blenny perching in the rockwork, munching on algea and generally not getting in anyone else's way.

I also really like the idea of a single other open water fish that will swim around, but to your point that's getting into the clown's territory. That's what I was thinking with Possum Wrasse / royal gramma / ???.

I don't think that seems totally unreasonable -- 3 goby's that stay under 3", clowns, tailspot blenny, one other of [ possum wrasse / royal gramma ].

I'm running out of room for coral, so it might be time for a new tank... Ha...