PDA

View Full Version : Lost RBT Nem in my rockscape

Acroart
08/21/2017, 04:33 PM
Just curious on what you may think of the chances of me ever seeing this guy again. Picked up a small RBT nem yesterday about the size of a grape when closed up. I went to put it in the tank and I lost my grip blew away into my rockscape (I was in a rush). I fond it later last night in a spot that I am not willing to pull apart. Just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else and what the outcome was.

Thanks

aznflyfisherman
08/21/2017, 05:01 PM
IMO if its healthy n your parameters and lights are adequate it will move out of there on its own. i would just let it be n let it find its spot it likes. I have one about the same size as yours. Smaller ones are a little harder to care for from my experience.

Lance M.
08/21/2017, 06:06 PM
I would give it a couple days, see if you can locate it by just looking through the glass or mirror if your back wall has room and is not covered. Also check your overflow and/or powerheads.

If it is healthy, I agree, it will likely come out on its own. It will take some time to acclimate to your tank so give it some time.

If you do decide to search for it by moving rocks, be very cautious, try not to accidentally rip it apart or crush it in a rock slide.

chitown tom
08/22/2017, 08:12 AM
+1 a healthy nem will eventually surface. Usually when I add a new one to my tank they always hide under a rock. A few days later they come out, explore the tank, find a spot they like and plant the foot.

Acroart
08/23/2017, 05:26 AM
Well encouraging advice, patience will be key here. Its been just over 48 hours since the last sighting. The last time I saw it, it was awfully close to my pistol shrimps den so.... we will see! Thanks

Acroart
08/27/2017, 08:05 PM
Well good news after my water change today I caught a glimpse of the RBT and later saw it reaching for the light so I think I am in good shape. I am hoping its in the open with in the next couple days.