View Full Version : High nitrate lvl in nano fusion 10

08/22/2017, 08:40 PM
Ok guys what should I do to lower nitrate lvl in 10 gallon nano fusion salt water tank . Have 1 long testicle sea anemone , 1 common purple sea urchin , 2 zebra turbo snails, 1 red leg hermit crab, 1 mandarin gobie , 1 scarlet skunk shrimp , 1 1" frag plug of green star polyp , 1 zoa, 1 blastomussa. Nitrite lvl is 0.0 , ammonia lvl is 0.0. , ph lvl is 8.0, nitrate lvl is 80 ppm. Do weekly water changes of 25%-35% and nitrate lvl has not dropped in 2 wks . Fish and corals seem to be doing fine but would like to get lower to keep tank for futur fragging

08/23/2017, 05:33 AM
Seems like a busy 10G. I would start with increasing the water change frequency to a gallon every other day and reduce feeding. I also suggest using quality test kits for NO3 and PO4. More information on the tank, test equipment and feeding procedures will probably get you more detailed information. Good luck.

08/23/2017, 05:34 AM
Hi, you might have a thick layer of detritus in the bottom of the return pump chamber due to higher running water level and excessive dead spots by design from IM. I run a HOB filter on mine to stir up water and still have to use a turkey baster to agitate the detritus so then the HOB filter can suck it clean. See if you can shine a flashlight in there and verify this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08/23/2017, 07:15 AM
See my response in this thread. Even though it was intended to be about nitrites,
they're still generally applicable rules. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25183471&postcount=9.