PDA

View Full Version : High nitrate lvl in nano fusion 10

Flsealife
08/22/2017, 08:40 PM
Ok guys what should I do to lower nitrate lvl in 10 gallon nano fusion salt water tank . Have 1 long testicle sea anemone , 1 common purple sea urchin , 2 zebra turbo snails, 1 red leg hermit crab, 1 mandarin gobie , 1 scarlet skunk shrimp , 1 1" frag plug of green star polyp , 1 zoa, 1 blastomussa. Nitrite lvl is 0.0 , ammonia lvl is 0.0. , ph lvl is 8.0, nitrate lvl is 80 ppm. Do weekly water changes of 25%-35% and nitrate lvl has not dropped in 2 wks . Fish and corals seem to be doing fine but would like to get lower to keep tank for futur fragging

Crusinjimbo
08/23/2017, 05:33 AM
Seems like a busy 10G. I would start with increasing the water change frequency to a gallon every other day and reduce feeding. I also suggest using quality test kits for NO3 and PO4. More information on the tank, test equipment and feeding procedures will probably get you more detailed information. Good luck.

luu78
08/23/2017, 05:34 AM
Hi, you might have a thick layer of detritus in the bottom of the return pump chamber due to higher running water level and excessive dead spots by design from IM. I run a HOB filter on mine to stir up water and still have to use a turkey baster to agitate the detritus so then the HOB filter can suck it clean. See if you can shine a flashlight in there and verify this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReefWreak
08/23/2017, 07:15 AM
See my response in this thread. Even though it was intended to be about nitrites,
they're still generally applicable rules. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25183471&postcount=9.