PDA

View Full Version : Please re commend a good LFS in the Lehigh Valley PA area

Felix T
08/23/2017, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone! Looking for a reliable and good LFS in PA that has a variety of salt water corals and fish. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

codydemmel4
08/23/2017, 03:22 PM
something fishy has a decent amount of variety

Felix T
08/23/2017, 04:32 PM
something fishy has a decent amount of variety

Thanks!

PAreefGUY
08/23/2017, 04:36 PM
Somthing Fishy is problaby the best in the whole area.. I definately recommend it.

Felix T
08/23/2017, 04:39 PM
Somthing Fishy is problaby the best in the whole area.. I definately recommend it.I took a trip to Lancaster to that Fish place to pick up my live rock and sand for my newly setup biocube but I don't want to troop it out there whenever I decide to go coral/fish shopping. I also wanna try a LFS they have in Reading I found online.

Silly clownfish
08/23/2017, 07:39 PM
I haven't been ther in about a decade, but Something Fishy: www.toofishy.com used to be pretty good. They are in Northampton.

If you are willing to drive a bit further, Aquarium Specialties Research in Malvern : https://www.facebook.com/AquariumSpecialties is the best. Mike has a great selection and is very selective about what he orders and where he gets it from. He is a great source of info too and will nicely steer people away from inappropriate purchases. If you want asomething in particular, he will order it in, but uou might have to apwait a bit because he won't order a specimen that doesnt look good or is from an unreliable source. He posts pictures of new arrivals practically every day and some critters go fast.

DancingShark
08/23/2017, 11:09 PM
+1 something fishy seemed awesome when I went there about a month ago. Every helpful staff and they stock high end stuff to as far as equipment goes.

I also go to thatfishpalce in Lancaster for there 14 day garantee policy. There is this small store in sinking springs that is very good. Kind of small but good people it's called Coral reef connection.

Don't know about you but I have taken small road trips just to check out a reef store.

Breadman03
08/24/2017, 12:01 AM
I don't bother going to That Pet Place. There's nothing wrong there, IMO, but they just don't have anything to offer that makes it worth driving for 4 hours. Something Fishy is hands down the best place in the LV, but there are some solid options in the region.

Here's a link to my mostly local LFS list (https://www.google.com/search?q=+&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONg28DI-IlJTkjG0DW50C000bfAqdSgND60Itkl17080MkjzMg1GQD8YtFEJgAAAA&placelist=1&tbm=lcl). Please feel free to suggest additions!

Felix T
08/24/2017, 01:29 AM
I don't bother going to That Pet Place. There's nothing wrong there, IMO, but they just don't have anything to offer that makes it worth driving for 4 hours. Something Fishy is hands down the best place in the LV, but there are some solid options in the region.

Here's a link to my mostly local LFS list (https://www.google.com/search?q=+&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONg28DI-IlJTkjG0DW50C000bfAqdSgND60Itkl17080MkjzMg1GQD8YtFEJgAAAA&placelist=1&tbm=lcl). Please feel free to suggest additions!I totally agree with you about TFP not having an amazing selection making it worth while to troop it (1 1/2 hrs for me) out to Lancaster. Thanks

Felix T
08/24/2017, 01:32 AM
I haven't been ther in about a decade, but Something Fishy: www.toofishy.com used to be pretty good. They are in Northampton.

If you are willing to drive a bit further, Aquarium Specialties Research in Malvern : https://www.facebook.com/AquariumSpecialties is the best. Mike has a great selection and is very selective about what he orders and where he gets it from. He is a great source of info too and will nicely steer people away from inappropriate purchases. If you want asomething in particular, he will order it in, but uou might have to apwait a bit because he won't order a specimen that doesnt look good or is from an unreliable source. He posts pictures of new arrivals practically every day and some critters go fast.Thanks for your recommendation Silly clownfish. ASR reviews are a perfect 5 so I will definitely be checking them out in the near future. See I live in Easton but don't mind driving a ways away for quality.

Felix T
08/27/2017, 04:06 AM
Well on Friday I visiting Something Fishy and it was nothing short of amazing! I've never seen so much selection and me originally being from NY their prices are more than fair. Also never been to an all salt water LFS either. I will probably visit the LFS in Malvern in the next week or two but thanks again for all the recommendations.