PDA

View Full Version : How to determine your Triton Core7 dosage! | BRStv How-To

Randy_BRS
08/23/2017, 10:57 AM
Hey guys!

Today I'm showing you how to get started with dosing your Triton Core7 Base Elements to your tank!

Along with that, we have started dosing the BRS160 with the Triton Core7 and have quickly went from 13mL/day to 45mL/day. We also decided to shoot for 8.0dKH on the 160, which should be about 40mL/day when it levels out! :)

etGiW12Hddg

SixFootSwell
08/26/2017, 06:42 PM
Hi Randy. I will be setting up a 100 gallon peninsula reef tank this week. You can read about it here. (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2649293)

2 questions please...
I bought a Ruby 30 sump from BRS. The refugium section is about 6-7 gallons. Will this be too small of a refugium to go the full triton method?

I will be transferring over live stock, rock, water and filter media from a Red Sea Reefer 250. When do I start dosing Core 7 products, from day one or after a water test, or maybe in several months after the tank goes through a mini cycle?

Thanks

Randy_BRS
08/29/2017, 11:41 AM
Hey there!

Triton recommends a minimum of 10% volume for your refugium as compared to your total water volume (but ideally 20-30%. I'd estimate that your tank, after displacement for rock/sand/equipment, would be somewhere around that 100gal mark, which would be about 6-7% of your tank. It may be worth a try, but might be a bit limiting.

As far as starting your dosage, I would really base that on your Alkalinity demand. If your tank is consuming Alk daily, then you may want to start supplimenting and can do so with the Triton Base Elements or Triton Core7 Base Elements. :)

-Randy

SixFootSwell
09/15/2017, 01:50 PM
Thanks Randy. I think I will just set up the Trugger Ruby sump in the usual fashion and stick with the BRS 2 parts chemicals I have left for now. Maybe after the tank gets established and we see how the BRS 160 is doing I can revisit the triton method. With a 24 inch wide stand maybe there will be a company who makes a large enough refugium sump so I can get like a 20 gallon refugium section down the road.

Randy_BRS
09/15/2017, 02:20 PM
Thanks Randy. I think I will just set up the Trugger Ruby sump in the usual fashion and stick with the BRS 2 parts chemicals I have left for now. Maybe after the tank gets established and we see how the BRS 160 is doing I can revisit the triton method. With a 24 inch wide stand maybe there will be a company who makes a large enough refugium sump so I can get like a 20 gallon refugium section down the road.

Awesome! We'll keep everyone updated on how it goes. :)

-Randy