PDA

View Full Version : Anemone question

Harley_Lvr
08/23/2017, 06:07 PM
I know your not supposed to put anemones near other coral but can you put multiple Nems next to each other? Like two bubble tips and a rock nem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

humphreyhh
08/23/2017, 06:17 PM
From my research. Different types of anemones should not be too close to each other(in big systems), in smaller tanks, we should not even have different types of anemones. But for the same type of anemones, usually it's OK to put them close.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

mikem101
08/24/2017, 03:08 AM
I know your not supposed to put anemones near other coral but can you put multiple Nems next to each other? Like two bubble tips and a rock nem?

So this can get ALL kinds of answers but, I will throw in my 2 cents! So you can USUALLY put 2 of the same species of nem together and be fine. Could they sting each other sure is it likely to happen no. Now when you are talking different species then you increase your chances, but they could be fine together? There's no way to say they will be completely safe, it's all about if you want to risk it or not. hope this helps!

Ron Reefman
08/24/2017, 04:12 AM
I'll add my 2 cents as well. I have a softball size rock with 8 or 9 RBTA on it (it's hard to count the ones on the back side of the rock). They have taken up almost all the available space on the rock. There is a small patch of green star polyps and also one of pulsing xenia. It's been pretty stable since I got it from a fellow reefer about a year ago. The RBTA have all gotten bigger, but nobody has moved off and nobody has died.

Oh, I also have some rock flower anemones that are close together and because they reproduce sexually (spawning) I now have 5 very, VERY small baby rock flowers. The biggest one is less than 1/8th inch in diameter.

I'd be a lot more careful with putting different species close together. You can try them, but I'd keep a very close eye on them for at least a month.

Kremis
08/24/2017, 09:07 AM
same species is ok in my experience, i have a rock island with 10 RBTAS on it

davocean
08/24/2017, 09:24 AM
Same species should be no issue, many have multiple BTA's, others, but different species depends, if they are newly introduced and contact they could have chemical warfare.

NYCBOB
08/24/2017, 12:58 PM
Multiple bta is fine. I have bta, carpet and lta all in one tank for years.

Ardeus
08/24/2017, 04:31 PM
I have a GBTA that is not happy at all with being neighbours with RBTA's.

Harley_Lvr
08/24/2017, 05:56 PM
Ok cool. Thx guys. I currently have a BTA but I have another BTA and a rock nem coming tomorrow. I'll put the rock nem on a different rock.

piscies75
08/26/2017, 05:03 PM
In a 180 gallon tank set up 17 years. I have a carpet for many years and several bubble tips with no problem.