PDA

View Full Version : Red anemone ID?

rogeragrimes
08/25/2017, 05:21 PM
I just got this red anemone from my LFS, but no one there new what type of anemone it was.

subbedout
08/25/2017, 05:56 PM
Rock flower anemone

albano
08/25/2017, 06:01 PM
I just got this red anemone from my LFS, but no one there new what type of anemone it was.

The LFS in FLORIDA didn't know what a rock flower anemone was! They are in the wrong business!

pfan151
08/25/2017, 06:08 PM
The LFS in FLORIDA didn't know what a rock flower anemone was! They are in the wrong business!

Definitely

rogeragrimes
08/25/2017, 06:19 PM

Maybe I caught him at a bad time. I'd talk crap, but I bought it without knowing the name or anything else...I just bought it because it was pretty and I needed some more red to even out the tank. So I can't be throwing stones.

humphreyhh
08/26/2017, 11:50 AM
Rock flower. That's a nice color nem! I always wanted some red ones and green ones!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

rogeragrimes
10/05/2017, 10:53 AM
Update: It survived my multi-day power outage from hurricane Irma that killed all my fish and most of my invertebrates, and about 10% of my soft corals.

Rock flower. That's a nice color nem! I always wanted some red ones and green ones!

humphreyhh
10/05/2017, 11:07 AM
Update: It survived my multi-day power outage from hurricane Irma that killed all my fish and most of my invertebrates, and about 10% of my soft corals.

Oh no... sorry to hear that. How’s everything now? Rock flower is indeed very hardy anemone though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rogeragrimes
10/11/2017, 11:16 AM
Oh no... sorry to hear that. How’s everything now? Rock flower is indeed very hardy anemone though.

If it survived the days after the hurricane it is doing great to fine now. I also have a pretty good battery backup plan for next time. A deep cycle marine battery and 3 DC bubblers lasted 5 days on my test. A good friend of mine did the same thing in his 150gal tank, but with one bubbler and it only lasted 3 days (different configuration) and his whole tank not only survived, but was clean and clear.