PDA

View Full Version : Best AIO options

joeyg4583
08/27/2017, 11:45 AM
I have been out of the fish scene for a few years. Are there any awesome AIOs these days? I would ideally like it to be somewhat hands off other than water changes. I would like to keep a pair of Percs and maybe a shrimp goby. I would like to be able to keep some sps. Is there anything out there with dumps and skimmers?

bonnie.klassen1
08/27/2017, 10:38 PM
I had a sc aquariums 50 Gallon Cube for a year. Loved it until I upgraded to my 180!

ReefWreak
08/28/2017, 08:23 AM
Depends on your needs. You can always pick up an Innovative Marine tank, add your own light, and it's open top so you can stick a HOB or other skimmer in the back. Generally there isn't any option for 100% "plug and play" with a skimmer, though some get close. I've seen a lot of nice mostly stock 32g LED biocubes recently, even with some SPS in them (though not prolifically SPS, mostly mixed reef).

If you don't mind leaving the back door of a biocube open, you can fit really good skimmers back there, like the Aquamaxx WS-1.5, or the AquaticLife 115 is still a good skimmer that can fit in the back even with the door closed.

Lots of options, but there's nothing that fits your criteria out of the box.

murphreef
08/28/2017, 12:12 PM
^ Yea I have a IM 25G Lagoon tank.

Enough to allow me to be in the hobby again without me pulling out my hair and or going broke lol!

I have lots of SPS in it and 4 fish along with clean up crew etc.

You can make these tanks as complicated as you want or as simple as you want. Just depends on what you are wanting to achieve.

I have a 1" live sand bed and probably 20lbs of live rock. I bought the IM Nano skimmer and also run their Nano media reactor with activated carbon in it. I also got rid of the small filter socks for the 2 over flows and bought a media holder for each side and run small amounts of carbon in each side as well. I have 2 Jebao WP-10s in for flow. I run a 250W SE Radium 20K bulb a Smart ATO with a 6G acrylic reservoir for the fresh water. I use a 2 channel Jebao dosing pump that doses B-Ionic Alk and CA 3X daily and then I dose some Mg as needed usually once a week when doing a water change. I keep a heater in the back compartment and a 6" fan moving air between the MH light and tank surface. I made a custom screen top with clear UV proof netting to keep any of my fish from jumping and becoming fish jerky.

I bought this tank wanting something super simple...... Turned into more than simple but it does run very efficiently and by itself with minimal input.