PDA

View Full Version : Any cool APEX codes or How to get one to go away?

RussC
08/27/2017, 07:21 PM
Setting up my APEX for the first time. Really liking the codes. But not as black and white as I thought it would be. Any one have some good codes out there they can share for common programs?

Also, my dang salt alarm keeps going off. Won't go away. Its set to let me know if its > 35. My salinity has been less than 35 for couple days now. Still getting alarm.

Also, what in the world is ORP in lamen's terms? Wow, that was a dull read!

Can you set the Apex to not alarm during certain hours? i.e. while I'm asleep!

fishyguy7
08/28/2017, 04:38 AM
Have you tried adding a defer statement to the alarm for salinity ?

ORP, in a nut shell is the waters ability to oxidize organic or brake them down.

RussC
08/28/2017, 07:18 AM
Can you give me an example of the defer statement in how it would relate to correcting the salt alarm?

cincyjim
08/28/2017, 07:39 AM
I can't give you an example as I'm not familiar with what you are asking about but I can refer to you the Neptune Systems Forum which should be able to provide some tips. It also has a "Search" feature that works very nicely.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/

mcgyvr
08/28/2017, 08:21 AM
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, A, B, Select, Start :)

FullBoreReefer
08/28/2017, 11:24 AM

Best code of all time!!!

FullBoreReefer
08/28/2017, 11:29 AM
For the salt alarm, check your salinity probe under the "Input" category. If I remember off the top of my head there are trigger alarms in there you can change. Again, this is off the top of my head...

scooters reef
08/29/2017, 05:29 AM
In Fusion, where your salinity is displayed, there is a "gear" icon in the upper right of the tile. Click that and you'll find the setting for the high and low limits for an alarm. Using virtual outlets there are all kinds of ways to make it so you get an alarm only during certain hours, or once an alarm is set only repeat daily. For instance, mine will alert me every hour if a water sensor on the floor is activated, but only once a day if my mixed salt vat is empty and my water change pump shut down.

That's a pretty broad list of general questions though. It would be better to work on one thing at a time, define what you want it to do, then work on just that. The Neptune forum mentioned above is a huge help. Just be as specific about a particular function you want and someone will jump in or direct you to examples. After doing a few things and it makes sense you'll dream up all kinds of new things you can do :)

scooters reef
08/29/2017, 05:38 AM
Oh, and defer is used to smooth out inputs that could bounce around a bit. A sump float switch for example. When right on the edge of the desired water level it will quickly open and close for awhile. In the program a:

Defer 005:00 Then ON

Will ignore any of the noise until the switch remains open, or closed, for at least 5 minutes before it will change state. I don't see a way, and don't think you could use a defer directly in the salinity monitor input. You would have to create a virtual outlet and in there set your salinty ranges for the outlet to turn on if high or low, add the defer if desired, then add that virtual outlet into the e-mail alarm.

ca1ore
08/30/2017, 09:11 AM
If you don't put a SET = OFF phrase in some outlet programming, the triggered alarm won't go off. It should be something like:

FALLBACK OFF
SET OFF
If Salinity > 35 then ON

I do all my programming in the web app, perhaps it is different in fusion. And in layman's terms ORP = useless.

When you are sleeping IS the time you want to be able to hear the alarm .... otherwise, what's the point of the alarm.

hkgar
08/30/2017, 01:16 PM
With my Apex in the basement sump room and me sleeping on the second floor, There is no way I am going to hear the alarm. It really isn't very load.

dburt520
08/30/2017, 01:52 PM

I think it was up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A Select start - but great post regardless!

Following along as I am curious what type of codes folks are using.

Dave

hkgar
09/01/2017, 07:41 AM
If human = HAPPY Start
if human = Sad Stop