PDA

View Full Version : How to QT a BTA , what's your setup?

Louis Z
08/27/2017, 10:32 PM
Would like to setup a QT tank for a BTA . Who has a working setup. pictures would help. What are the things you definetly need and do for successful QT on anemones. I ask because the fish I have in the tank are over two years old . Don't want to risk anything getting them I'll . Most of the LFS in my area house BTA's in their fish systems. They move new fish in those tanks all the time without regard. The QT I do on fish is TTF , with freshwater dips and prazipro. Fish stay in Qt for 6 to 8 months . Sounds extreme but I don't want to lose my pairs of fish that I have worked hard to acquire and pair up

humphreyhh
08/27/2017, 10:48 PM
From my experience and researches, anemones don't carry fish diseases. They get QTed because of bacteria infection which is only infectious to anemones...

I would like to see other answers though.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Louis Z
08/27/2017, 11:15 PM
What I am trying to avoid is what comes in the water with the anemones from the LFS store . Not meaning that they will pass something from themselves to the fish. Has anyone done TAnk transfer method on anemones?

Doge
08/28/2017, 12:22 AM
I've always just put BTA anemones in straight. They are hardy and never had a problem with LFS water? Only anenomes that I really see need QT are anemones like carpets

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Louis Z
08/28/2017, 02:26 AM
I just don't want to introduce ick into system nor gill parasites nor velvet. Most LFS stores just put new arrivals into their systems which can bring in parasites to your tank if just put in right away.

WLachnit
08/28/2017, 03:17 AM
I agree that they will no carry anything themselves. However, Anemones have a lot of water which can carry free swimming Ich therites. What I do is put them in a clean, no fish holding tank for two days. From there any free swimming ich parasites will have died off. From there, i rinse them and into the DT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WLachnit
08/28/2017, 03:18 AM
I agree that they will no carry anything themselves. However, Anemones have a lot of water which can carry free swimming Ich therites. What I do is put them in a clean, no fish holding tank for two days. From there any free swimming ich parasites will have died off. From there, i rinse them and into the DT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw, an aerated 5 gal bucket can work for this. You can even put a clean piece of LR in it.