PDA

View Full Version : Tearing help

Linkfalcon
08/28/2017, 08:33 PM
Picked up Hanna checkers love them so much easyer to read but here are my finding there's not much in the tank few fish and a few hermits

Some gsp and cabbage coral I believe I could be wrong

Mg is 1160-1240 I wanna say 1200
Po4 0.02 that's good
Alk 9.40 soso not bad
Cal 600 o boy to high
Ph 8.0- ish apex
Salt at 31-32 apex
Temp 77-78 apex

Are there any problems with high cal should i freak out or just let it ride

Running 105 gallon tank 30ish gallon sump

Avast large kalk stir with half cup of kalk Tom aqua lifter feed pump

Stir is programmed to come on 4 times a day for 2 min

Future plans for tank are lps and anemones

Thanks guys

Let me know if u need any more info

bertoni
08/28/2017, 08:51 PM
That calcium level is high, but it should be safe enough. I wouldn't worry about that parameters. The salinity is rather low, if I am interpreting the number correctly as psu or something similar.

Lsufan
08/28/2017, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't freak out about the calcium but I would think about taking the kalk offline until u need it. Otherwise your params are going to steadily go up. U need to let the calcium fall but it isn't going to with the kalk. U don't want kalk to raise your params, u want it to keep them stable

gprdypoo04
08/28/2017, 09:40 PM
Unless your putting a lot ok kalk in its not going to raise calcium much but more alkanity.

RobZilla04
08/29/2017, 06:37 AM
What brand salt are you using. Check the mix parameters as the diff brands have diff mix levels. Cal and Alk will slowly drop over time.

Also check your salinity. 1.024-6 is target. Higher will yield higher Alk, Cal, & Mag.

mcgyvr
08/29/2017, 09:12 AM
You shouldn't need to be dosing anything at this point..

You start looking into dosing when your water change schedule isn't sufficient to keep the levels stable due to having a bunch of corals (stony) or a lot of coralline algae that is consuming it faster than your water changes are replenishing it.. plain and simple.. Nothing more..

Seems you fell into the "I'm a newbie and I see everyone talking about dosing so its something I must do also" camp.. its a big camp.. don't feel bad..

Your salinity is a bit low as most tend to target 35ppt but you are fine really where you are at..

ssgss gogeta
08/29/2017, 09:45 AM
What's said above, but to add let the calcium deplete nothing too bad will happen with a slightly elevated calcium other than build up on your pumps and wave makers. So be sure to keep an eye on them and maybe increase maintenance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk