PDA

View Full Version : Any Corner Bowfront builds here ?

LennyD4
08/29/2017, 07:08 AM
I am looking to get back into the hobby after 4 years away from it. In my new home I am looking to put a tank in the corner of our dining room and I would love a corner bowfront. I have been looking through these pages to see if I could find a build.

Im not sure how big of a tank I can put there because exact dimensions seems to be vague. I would like to find someones build to see what they did about a sump or ATO. Basically I just want some research/reading material. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

[]V[]addog
09/08/2017, 11:27 AM
there is a huge thread of all the corner tanks, should give you lots of options.
the unique shape presents some challenges, which i am currently going to undertake myself.
I have some ideas, feel free to shoot me a PM but there is plenty of info on lack of sspace int he stands, some plans for best sump designs, etc.
lighting in another think, because of the shape i was thinking a kessil a360 w and call it a day.

Sk8r
09/08/2017, 02:52 PM
Mine (custom) is 36x36x36, and your challenges at a depth that will give you 102 gallons in that footprint means---really tough stand (weight) ---glass thickness (5/8ths inch, which requires the strongest magnet, and ONLY the Tunze Care magnet can operate clear to the bottom and handle the sand edge without scratching. Likewise I gave up on powerheads and went to the Gyre, which handles the tank nicely with laminar flow. I went to Ecotech Radion Pro because of the depth, which it can handle. The footprint means I use 1 Radion, and am thinking of running some softies down lower in the tank, or maybe lowlight stony like bubble coral. My arm is not long enough to reach the bottom of the tank even if I stand on a painting ladder and reach hard. I use nets and sticks to manage down there. Rockwork tends to pyramidical, but if you add some outlying spires it breaks up the monotony and the fish like it. Also, to increase its strength, it is totally glassed in at the top and has several moveable feeding ports.. I think I could stand on that top glass (gingerly) and not break it...