PDA

View Full Version : Ich?

Robjrussell
08/30/2017, 06:24 PM
Hey all. This girl is about 3 weeks old from a trustworthy local LFS.

She's had no issue thus far. On Saturday I introduced a pair of clowns into the tank. (tank has been up since end of June) and I've noticed a lightning spot on her.

Could it just be stress getting used to 2 other fish in the tank?

I lightened the photo about 30% while taking the pic to make it really stand out. This spot is a slight lightening - not a drastic change in color.

Please advise & thank youhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170831/549a6ffc0ab801a98c868631cf376753.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jdub968
08/31/2017, 12:32 AM
The picture isn't good enough to say what it is but from what I see it don't look like ick. Is she flashing scratching heavy breathing lethargic ?

JustinM
08/31/2017, 11:48 AM
It looks like a scrape. I would keep an eye on it, possibly feed with vitamins. If it grows, I would pull the fish and treat with antibiotics. The go to would be furan 2, kanaplex, and metroplex.

Another thought is brooklynella. You just added two clowns so look out for symptoms like Jdub mentioned or if it gets covered in a thick, white coat.

Robjrussell
08/31/2017, 12:00 PM
The picture isn't good enough to say what it is but from what I see it don't look like ick. Is she flashing scratching heavy breathing lethargic ?She is acting normal. Was a tiny bit aggressive with the clowns first day or day and a 1/2 but seems ok with them now.

Robjrussell
08/31/2017, 12:00 PM
It looks like a scrape. I would keep an eye on it, possibly feed with vitamins. If it grows, I would pull the fish and treat with antibiotics. The go to would be furan 2, kanaplex, and metroplex.

Another thought is brooklynella. You just added two clowns so look out for symptoms like Jdub mentioned or if it gets covered in a thick, white coat.Thank you

JustinM
08/31/2017, 12:06 PM
Dottybacks can be aggressive.

Jdub968
08/31/2017, 02:38 PM
+1 with theshocker if any of those signs appear get them in qt. the trifecta the shocker mentioned (furan2 metro kana) really broadens the antibiotics to cover just about everything. My suggestion on dosing these three together would be dose one wait 1hr dose another wait - HR dose the last one and the water will need to be heavily aerated with a air stone during the treatment.
And the dotty back was probably telling the clowns this is my tank usually in a few days they settle down and start playing with others ok

Robjrussell
09/08/2017, 01:12 PM
She definitely has not gotten worse in the last week. Swimming fine, no issues breathing, not too irritable with her tank mates. The mark is darkening up and looks like it's healing.

JustinM
09/08/2017, 01:50 PM
That's good to hear!

Jdub968
09/08/2017, 03:38 PM
Good news !