PDA

View Full Version : Quinine Sulfate or Chloroquine phosphate for ICH

thomashtom
08/30/2017, 11:24 PM
Hi I may have no choice but to use either of these meds on my DT. I have large eels and an epaulette shark in a 400 plus gallon system with too many fish to treat. there is also live rock in my tank. I went fallow for 80 days with shark and eels in tank but i think they are carriers. Any input would be appreciated greatly. Thanks Tom

Jdub968
08/31/2017, 01:26 AM
Hi I may have no choice but to use either of these meds on my DT. I have large eels and an epaulette shark in a 400 plus gallon system with too many fish to treat. there is also live rock in my tank. I went fallow for 80 days with shark and eels in tank but i think they are carriers. Any input would be appreciated greatly. Thanks Tom

Treating 400 gallons with cp is gonna be very expensive. Going fallow with sharks and eels in The tank is not FALLOW there cannot be any fish in the tank for 76 days. I'm assuming these sharks and eels are to big for you to use a qt?

thomashtom
08/31/2017, 04:04 AM
yes they are. 3 large eels and shark. Tough position!!!!

JustinM
08/31/2017, 01:05 PM
Sharks and eels are very resistant to ich but not immune. Without removing them ich will always be present. What about hypo? Is it a FOWLR?