View Full Version : Mixing Large Angelfish

09/01/2017, 11:34 PM
So currently I have an 8x2x2 tank and unfortunately lost all but one fish (sailfin tang). So planning for a restock after my fallow period. This is the stocklist I'm thinking of (in order of introduction):

1 x blue tang
1 x majestic foxface
1 x racoon butterflyfish
1 x declivis butterflyfish
1 x purple tang
2 x hawaiian yellow tang
1 x annularis angelfish
1 x asfur angelfish
1 x scribbled angelfish (M)
1 x sailfin tang (my old, large sailfin tang)
1 x achilles tang

Would this be too much? Thanks

09/05/2017, 09:38 AM

09/21/2017, 03:22 AM
The sailfin may be quite aggressive to new fish additions. Consider moving it out of the display for a while so you can safely add the new fish (when it's time). I'd skip the butterflies personally... but you may be able to get away with the other fish. If you start with juveniles, then they'll be ok for quite a while. You may start running into some issues (bioload) when they grow larger. Make sure your flow is high and skimmer is powerful.

09/30/2017, 02:15 AM
I would take out the butterfly's , Achilles and one yellow . The annularis and asfur will eventually outgrow that tank but probably not for a few years if you get them 3-4".

Would be a nice tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10/06/2017, 11:38 AM
When you say Blue tang, is that Powder Blue, Hippo, or Atlantic Blue tang? I like the order of introduction, but depending on the size of fish during purchase, that order may change a lot.

10/16/2017, 01:29 AM
I’m sorry wasn’t able to post a reply. The blue tang is the P. hepatus. Thank you for the insights and I actually wanted to post a quick update.

So, I got a 2” blue tang, 2.5” purple tang, 3” magnificent foxface and a pair of false percs over the last 2 months and I’ve already transferred them to the dt 3 days ago. Last month, the supplier came in with a shipment that contained a 4” annularis and 2.5” hyt. So I decided to get them and as of yesterday, they are in the qt (both are eating). The supplier also told me that they have a mustard tang and a hybrid pbt. Although, the pbt would be arriving in 2 weeks. So, I also reserved them and thought of postponing medication until both arrives. However, my qt is at around .2 ppm of cupramine which will slowly decrease over the next few weeks through water changes.