PDA

View Full Version : want to add more expensive difficult fish!?

zheka757
09/03/2017, 11:11 AM
Hello Friends. I want to add my Favorite fishes to my currently already running tank. I have A 30x30x96'' 370 gallon tank and 150 gallon tank as sump. (about 450 gallon system) the tank is about 6 month old, currently fish only, And planning to add corrals in near future. And i want to add 3 more fish. Blue tang, Powder blue tang, Achilles tang.
Here is my current live stock.
1 Blonde naso tang. size 6-7''
1 purple tang. size 3.5-4.5''
6 yellow tangs. size 2.5-4.5''
1 flame angel. size 3.5-4''
3 dottyback, size 2.5-3''
1 blood shrimp
10 hermit crabs
everyone is out of stock on blue tang right now. (but i really want one)
powder blue and Achilles tangs are available right now. I was thinking off getting them both at same time and introduce them to the tang at once as well.
questions I got.
Is 6 month tank to new of a set up for such fish?
Should i wait till i get blue tang first and corals, then add powder blue and achilles tangs?
Is it even doable with the live stock i got?
any advise would help.

der_wille_zur_macht
09/03/2017, 11:53 AM
You've got a lot of tangs already and you may find that adding more creates aggression. Achilles are known bullies and related to the powder blue, which may cause fights. If the Blue is the one you really want, I would focus on that and forget about any more. Once those yellows all grow up you might find it's a challenge as-is, honestly.

I don't think the 6 month age is an issue as long as you've got feeding and nutrient export regimes down. You're not going to get that many tangs surviving from grazing alone.

I don't think there will be any correlation between adding the fish and adding corals, none of the fish (with the exception of the flame angel, who is already in there, and is a minor risk) are known coral eaters.

hkgar
09/03/2017, 02:39 PM
I have a Purple (3"), Kole (3"), Atlantic Blue (6"), Two Barred Rabbit (6") who are major consumers of Algae. I feed one large Romaine Leaf and a 4x8 piece of Nori daily. They also eat a lot of the carnivore food when that is served in the evening.