PDA

View Full Version : Help

Cammunoz
09/05/2017, 09:38 AM
So basically long story short, I replaced my main pump and when i tried to replace it the bulkhead came loose i went to screw it back on it would not budge tried everything. I had to cut it off with a dremel. So O replaced the bulkhead and i still got a leak! i took a look closer to see that the acrylic hole might of been chipped! Now I am stuck with a leak! I dont know what to do should I seal off the chamber how would i go about that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Clowning_Around
09/05/2017, 10:07 AM
Got a pic? Depending on the condition if it is bad enough you could just drill a larger hole and use a bigger bulkhead then reduce the plumbing back down.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Vinny Kreyling
09/05/2017, 05:56 PM
Patch BOTH sides of the hole with acrylic & drill another hole, in the same place if you can giving you a thick material for the bulkhead.

edin0009
09/05/2017, 10:23 PM
Try putting rubber gasket on both sides

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

GQsmooth
09/05/2017, 11:10 PM
Try putting rubber gasket on both sides

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

^^ What he said....Did you replace the gaskets with new ones?

Cammunoz
09/05/2017, 11:12 PM
^^ What he said....Did you replace the gaskets with new ones?

Ya both gaskets were both new. The only thing i can think is to get a bigger gasket. Something tells me it wont be easy to find though

Clowning_Around
09/06/2017, 01:14 PM
I would not use gaskets on both sides, rhis actually makes it more susceptible to leaking. If anything as for as a non standard fix, i would remove the gasket and fill the hole around the bulkhead with aquarium safe silicone and let it rip. But really, I would probably just redrill it larger and use a bigger bulkhead.

Cammunoz
09/11/2017, 01:12 PM
I would not use gaskets on both sides, rhis actually makes it more susceptible to leaking. If anything as for as a non standard fix, i would remove the gasket and fill the hole around the bulkhead with aquarium safe silicone and let it rip. But really, I would probably just redrill it larger and use a bigger bulkhead.

Thanks i resolved the issue some how and no leak! thanks everyone for the help