PDA

View Full Version : Feeding?

reefnoob88
09/05/2017, 08:41 PM
Finished cycling my 55 gallon cube/column tank and added my first two fish. Two small clown fish they are just about 3/4 of an inch and paired up almost immediately. My local fish store sold me Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef Flakes and i have been feeding the two fish a small pinch into the water and they feed for about 30 seconds to a minute before its collected by the overflow and power head sponge. Is once a day enough? Im nervous to over feed but they are very small i cant imagine they need much? Should i try to feed them some frozen shrimp or something else once in awhile?

humphreyhh
09/05/2017, 09:24 PM
It's always good to provide various foods to your fish. Even for pellets or flakes I bought 3 kinds of them. Sometimes I feed them fresh shrimp since my anemone eats shrimp. They will get some from the nem.

Twice a day is more than enough IMO. Each time only feed them (make sure they eat) about 5-10 small pellets per fish, depending on the size of the pellets. They can eat like small piggies but they have small stomachs so don't over feed them...

Anyways that's how I feed mine. Hope it helps.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Mr. Eel
09/05/2017, 09:44 PM
I'd say twice a day and just buy a few peppermint shrimp to get whatever the clowns don't eat. Dont worry about overfeeding too much because if your tank is cycled a pinch of flakes won't make the ammonia jump.

Also if you tell us what you're putting in the tank we could suggest cleanup crew and addition order.