PDA

View Full Version : How to pair two spot goby

m1923
09/05/2017, 11:32 PM
I have a two spot goby, it recently busy building burrows, i am thinking to get it a mate. But i can't distinguish it is a female or male. Anyone has some experience in pairing two spot goby? Any article may helps too !Thanks!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

ThRoewer
09/06/2017, 02:51 PM
Gobies are capable of changing sex both ways so adding a second may lead to a pair regardless of the sex of the fish you add. Generally the change from female to male goes faster and usually with less friction.
A possible way to sex Gobies would be by their genital papillas: the ones of females are generally thicker and more rounded at the end while male ones are generally thinner and rather taper to a point. It's best visible if the fish are well fed and have a full belly. It also helps to have a good number of specimen to compare.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

m1923
09/06/2017, 06:57 PM
Gobies are capable of changing sex both ways so adding a second may lead to a pair regardless of the sex of the fish you add. Generally the change from female to male goes faster and usually with less friction.
A possible way to sex Gobies would be by their genital papillas: the ones of females are generally thicker and more rounded at the end while male ones are generally thinner and rather taper to a point. It's best visible if the fish are well fed and have a full belly. It also helps to have a good number of specimen to compare.

Thank u very much ! All gobies can change sex , that's interesting!So the new one should be same size or better smaller?

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

ThRoewer
09/06/2017, 07:33 PM
I would try either a little smaller or larger. But the difference with these should not be too too much. Most pairs of these I've seen were of nearly equal size.