PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Anemone Food

foxngn
09/07/2017, 01:56 AM
Hi Guys,

Just wondering is it ok to feed frozen dried krill to anemone?
Seems to get mix review about this.

The one I saw it was meant for arowana, I'm thinking whether the same one can be use to feed anemone or not.

The product:

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1yUIDNVXXXXacapXXq6xXFXXXR/-font-b-Fish-b-font-font-b-Food-b-font-Shrimp-font-b-krill-b.jpg

Kindly share your input.

WatDatThing
09/07/2017, 11:16 AM
You only feed a nem maybe once a week. A market shrimp is good for 3 feedings. Why try anything else.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Shia
09/07/2017, 11:47 AM
I tend to use frozen shrimp that I thaw and peel. I don't really see a problem trying this product as long as you hydrate it first and remove anything the nem can't digest.

gibbous
09/07/2017, 01:49 PM
You only feed a nem maybe once a week. A market shrimp is good for 3 feedings. Why try anything else.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

This. It would take ages to make it through that container, and while I can't cite any hard proof it seems logical to me that fresh or frozen food in smaller quantities and a wider variety would be better for the anemone's health than repeating the same freeze dried product that is slowly deteriorating over time.

Not that this matters and some leeway given for being a foreign product, but I have to say that is the most appalling spelling I've ever seen in an advertisement.

foxngn
09/08/2017, 02:42 AM
noted on this. I will stay away from the frozen krill.
The reason i ask this is due to I'm rarely cook thus it seems wasted for me to buy shrimp just to feed my nem.

Btw, i could give them a chunk of raw fish as well right ?

rhdoug
09/11/2017, 08:01 AM
I've had a sebae anemone for 15 years. I feed it the same frozen mix that I feed the tank with. (Mysis & brine shrimp, and various other commercial frozen foods). I usually let it catch whatever happens by, but once or twice a week I will give it some directly from the turkey baster. I've fed it that way for the last 10 years. For the first 5 years I did feed it (thawed) frozen krill, shrimp, and silversides among other things. It has done fine on either diet and has hosted 2 pairs of spawning clowns at different times. I would feed it small pieces of whatever you want to feed it, probably no bigger than a single krill, if your anemone is at least medium-sized. Smaller pieces if it is a small one. I have heard that most species of anemones don't eat much fish in the wild, but I am no expert. Good luck with it.