PDA

View Full Version : Anemone

Vigil2235
09/08/2017, 02:00 PM
Hello I'm fairly new to reef keeping and was givin a RBTA because it was attached to a rock didn't want to keep a nem but I said what the heck I'll do it at first things didn't look so good and then things got better. I feed my anemone 2 times a week silver sides. Any info is greatly appreciated.

humphreyhh
09/08/2017, 02:04 PM
It looks bleached ish? To me though. Yes some people said there are pink btas but should not be that white. What's your lighting? How long have you been keeping it?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Vigil2235
09/08/2017, 02:13 PM
It looks bleached ish? To me though. Yes some people said there are pink btas but should not be that white. What's your lighting? How long have you been keeping it?

Might just be lighting and my phone camera in person looks more pink and greenish will try to get a better picture later.

Lighting is Current USA orbit marine and a truelumen pro.

About 4 months now

humphreyhh
09/08/2017, 02:28 PM
Since you have had it for 4 months I think you are doing just fine. It looks healthy in the picture. I'm not familiar with the light you have. Someone else might be able to help you with it.

It's beautiful btw.

Vigil2235
09/08/2017, 02:42 PM
Since you have had it for 4 months I think you are doing just fine. It looks healthy in the picture. I'm not familiar with the light you have. Someone else might be able to help you with it.

It's beautiful btw.

Thanks for the info. Yea at first it wa a deflated and looked sad I never wanted and now that I have one it's amazing especially when I added a clown fish and it hosted it for the first time.

Thank you.

westohooligan
09/08/2017, 03:47 PM
Looks a tad bleached, but healthy overall. Keep doing what you're doing.

mnchartier
09/09/2017, 04:46 PM
I'd say its a little bleached also. I also want to make a suggestion that if you plan on feeding the anemone, try something other than silversides, like fresh seafood (I feed shrimp, salmon and scallops) or mysis. Silversides are known to spoil quickly which can cause issues. Rule of thumb don't feed it anything you would not eat yourself.

Vigil2235
09/13/2017, 10:25 PM
I'd say its a little bleached also. I also want to make a suggestion that if you plan on feeding the anemone, try something other than silversides, like fresh seafood (I feed shrimp, salmon and scallops) or mysis. Silversides are known to spoil quickly which can cause issues. Rule of thumb don't feed it anything you would not eat yourself.

Thanks for the info will get some shrimp this weekend and try that.

mnchartier
09/14/2017, 07:43 AM
Just use small pieces, it's easier for them to digest, about the size of a pencil eraser is all they need if you plan on feeding them. BTAs with proper lighting really do not need to be fed.

Vigil2235
09/16/2017, 11:44 PM
Need help my anemone sucked it self thru a hole in the rock. What should I do let it settle its self or try and help it

becky302
09/17/2017, 10:00 PM
Unless its in imediate danger I think everyone will tell you to leave it alone. I never touch mine. They go where they want to.

Vigil2235
09/17/2017, 10:30 PM
Unless its in imediate danger I think everyone will tell you to leave it alone. I never touch mine. They go where they want to.

Thank you for your reply yea for now it seems to be doing ok. So just keeping an eye on it.

bcb577
09/24/2017, 10:47 PM
What size tank do you have? most will advise you that the corrent orbit marine light ius not strong enough for tanks over 20 inches deep,but im not familiar with the other lighting u are using,hopefully is just a bad pic,

Vigil2235
09/30/2017, 02:13 PM
What size tank do you have? most will advise you that the corrent orbit marine light ius not strong enough for tanks over 20 inches deep,but im not familiar with the other lighting u are using,hopefully is just a bad pic,

The tank is 20 inches tall and the nem sits about twelve inches down.