PDA

View Full Version : Haddoni carpet anemone. How long can it take to set foot

Mobidoy
09/08/2017, 05:45 PM
I got an haddoni anemone (green).

I dug a hole in my sand bed ( about 4 inch deep ) where I would like it to set. It's been in the tank now for 5 hours with powerhead off.

It is still kind of hovering in the area where I would like to have it. It has not tried to set foot. My clowns started to host it within minutes and wont leave it. It is responsive when the clown rubs against it.

I have lowered my lighting too.

How long should I expect it to take to set foot ?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

humphreyhh
09/09/2017, 02:04 AM
It might take days for anemone to find a spot, especially sand anemones. But from my experience, Haddoni should be quite hardy and a quick settler. Mine settled himself within minutes. I suggest leave it close to a piece of rock (or tank wall) so it can start attach to the rock/wall and anchor into the sand itself. Also, don't over think about it for about a day, just leave it to himself. If he is still not settling in a day then something is wrong.

I'm assuming your tank setup is anemone ready.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Cliving1
09/09/2017, 09:58 AM
Agree with the above. My haddoni took to the sand and then bottom of the tank in a minute or less.

Mobidoy
09/09/2017, 02:48 PM
Did not want to attach to sand or bottom glass. Refilled the hole and let the anome work it out itself.

It attaches to a rock right beside where I wanted it.

And yes, my tank is anemone ready. Got a rbta which pretty much stayed where I wanted it and barely moved.

I also have a toxic green lta that went from one end of the tank to the other, set it self there and never moved afterward.

First time I had one not liking substrate or glass lol

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk