PDA

View Full Version : wormwood treatment for aefw

jjoos99
09/09/2017, 09:05 PM
Ive read just a few bits about wormwood being used as an in tank treatment for aefw. Cant seem to find much at all about it and was wondering if anyone has tried it and can tell of their experience. I have found a few in my tank but have a very mild case but it drives me crazy knowing they are in there.
thanks
jeff

Piper27
09/11/2017, 11:49 AM
Never heard of it, how is it used? How affective was it supposed to be? I still have not heard of any in tank treatments that are worth trying for thoes who have aefw.

nashorn
09/11/2017, 12:43 PM
Ive read just a few bits about wormwood being used as an in tank treatment for aefw. Cant seem to find much at all about it and was wondering if anyone has tried it and can tell of their experience. I have found a few in my tank but have a very mild case but it drives me crazy knowing they are in there.
thanks
jeff

Sorry to say but either you have them or don't
It's like aptisa no such thing as one I'm afraid

jjoos99
09/11/2017, 07:01 PM
This is a quote that was copied on a post on dfw reef web site. Not much info, that is why I am trying to find out more.

It was mostly trial (without any error) 1 table spoon of wormwood powder mixed into a cup of tank water in to 150 gallon of water volume. Repeated ever 2-3 days for about 2 weeks. I did decrease the tablespoon to a tea spoon towards the end of second week. I noticed polyp extension and improvement in colour. Once I felt my SPS looked as they did before the AEFW, I pulled out random ones and dipped in Revive just to make sure. Success! !!! It's funny we call our SPS "coloured sticks" and here is a powder that is called wormwood that treats worms on our sticks (aka wood) Good luck and Happy reefing."

Jeff

jda
09/11/2017, 07:49 PM
Whatever you do, get these things out now.

stevejrnc
09/11/2017, 09:49 PM
Wormwood is used for various digestion problems such as loss of appetite, upset stomach, gall bladder disease, and intestinal spasms. Wormwood is also used to treat fever, liver disease, and worm infections; to increase sexual desire; as a tonic; and to stimulate sweating.

Wormwood oil is also used for digestive disorders, to increase sexual desire, and to stimulate the imagination.

Some people apply wormwood directly to the skin for healing wounds and insect bites. Wormwood oil is used as a counterirritant to reduce pain.

In manufacturing, wormwood oil is used as a fragrance component in soaps, cosmetics, and perfumes. It is also used as an insecticide.

Wormwood is used in some alcoholic beverages. Vermouth, for example, is a wine beverage flavored with extracts of wormwood. Absinthe is another well-known alcoholic beverage made with wormwood. It is an emerald-green alcoholic drink that is prepared from wormwood oil, often along with other dried herbs such as anise and fennel. Absinthe was popularized by famous artists and writers such as Toulouse-Lautrec, Degas, Manet, van Gogh, Picasso, Hemingway, and Oscar Wilde. It is now banned in many countries, including the U.S. But it is still allowed in European Union countries as long as the thujone content is less than 35 mg/kg. Thujone is a potentially poisonous chemical found in wormwood. Distilling wormwood in alcohol increases the thujone concentration.

How does it work?

Wormwood oil contains the chemical thujone, which excites the central nervous system. However, it can also cause seizures and other adverse effects.

Well if it don't get rid of aefw could be used for some other stuff

My opinion set up a QT tank asap remove all sps From main display

StarF
09/12/2017, 03:37 AM
you can see a user talks about it in the comments of this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UubUsZ2CSs

fscmocsaj
12/26/2017, 07:51 AM
Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnike
12/26/2017, 08:18 AM