PDA

View Full Version : Problems with octo regal 300 ing skimmer

zaireguy
09/10/2017, 12:35 PM
hi all

Well I woke up to my skimmer not running the power light is just flashing all the blue lights are just flashing I unplugged it and tried it again and they just flash
It will not run at all any ideas this skimmer is only around a year old
I took the pump off and the impeller turns free
Thanks
Ron

fcmatt
09/10/2017, 12:51 PM
So nothing restricting that impeller at all? 100% positive something is not swollen or what not? I have a feeling those flashing lights mean something is wrong in the pump impeller area.

zaireguy
09/10/2017, 01:10 PM
I took it apart and put back together and the lights just flash and I can still turn it with my finger I also thought it was stuck at first

LQT
09/10/2017, 03:14 PM
If it's under a year, start the warranty procedure with Coralvue ASAP!

zaireguy
09/11/2017, 04:51 PM
I contacted coralvalue they are not being helpful keep asking me if I checked rotor I have said yes three time I tried to explain if I hit the power button the lights will not turn off and the green light on the power supply also flashes it will not stay on
And I can unhook the pump and still lights flash even on power supe and I still can't turn the controller off by the power button
It's only 5 months old and I just added a bunch of sps
Not a good

LQT
09/11/2017, 05:47 PM
I'd demand that they honor their warranty... clearly their troubleshooting tips haven't helped and there's something wrong with either the pump or controller. Open a ticket and begin the warranty process.

fcmatt
09/11/2017, 08:10 PM
I doubt coralvue even has a manual or knows what it is doing. I tried to find the manual and all I found was a lame quick start guide. To me that is a bad sign.

zaireguy
09/23/2017, 06:25 PM
They sent new power supply and controller we are up and running