PDA

View Full Version : Bio Reactor On = Skimmer To Go NUTS!??

Shayneoc
09/10/2017, 04:31 PM
Hi everyone, new here and I'm in need of some advice or a reason to why my skimmer goes absolutely nuts when I turn my bio reactor on.

Here's a small video this was 20 minutes after I turned it off.
http://sendvid.com/y1fngrv0

It was fine for the first day all day and when I woke up the skimmer was overflowing even with the air flow wide open. I have slowed the reactor pump right down so the bio media is barely moving but is pointless even having it on that slow even though this wasn't doing changes to the skimmer.

I turn skimmer off for about 10 minutes at the same time as the reactor and then skimmer back in reactor still off. The skimmer is then fine but within 1 minute of having reactor on at the slowest possible power the skimmer is off on one again.

Anyone know the reason? Completely baffled

Shayne.

mcgyvr
09/11/2017, 04:44 AM
I don't see your post as you must have posted an external image or something and are a new user here. This site has a "jail" function that locks your post until the moderators approve it..
But from the topic of your post I can answer...

What you are experiencing is normal.. It will stop after a little while..
Anything you add to a tank (chemicals,etc..) can change the surface tension of the water and cause a skimmer to go "crazy".. It usually passes after a few hours to a few days or so..