PDA

View Full Version : Royal Gramma Dead, please help

JoeSalamone14
09/11/2017, 12:29 PM
About a week-week and half ago i had noticed that my royal gramma looked a little weird. It almost looked as if there were blotches on his body that were slight off color (though not very noticible unless he swam to the front of the tank and you were right there to see it), then a week later there were a few specs on his body... I am assuming it was ich, although not certain (figured it could be fish velvet disease?). I was unable to move the fish because i have no quarantine tank. Well yesterday, i was unable to find him, until i saw him wedged into the crevice of a rock, and later just in the front corner of the tank just laying there (he was still alive).
Today i wake up and he is dead :(

The royal gramma had been in the tank for about 1-2 months (in a 40 gallon breeder with one occelaris clown and one blue chromi, which have been in the tank for AT LEAST 6 months). The other fish seem to be healthy, im just not sure if i should be doing anything to prevent another outbreak of the ich or velvet. I cannon treat the tank with copper or anything like that because it is also a reef tank.

Please help with any input you may have, and would like to thank anyone with answers due to the length and complexity of my situation.

-Joe

JustinM
09/11/2017, 09:35 PM
Can you post a pic of him?

JoeSalamone14
09/14/2017, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately not, I have already put him to rest.

Jdub968
09/14/2017, 07:30 PM
Keep an eye on the other fish your looking for odd behavior like scratching flashing heavy breathing white spots and swimming into the currant of a power head or return pump if you notice this your gonna need a qt and it don't have to be anything special it can be a steralite or rubber maid storage container. I was going to post some pics of velvet ick and brooklynella but reef central makes it hard to do so also a link to qt setup however if you go into the stickies I'm sure you will find this info