View Full Version : i have problem with phosphate

danigerzon17
09/11/2017, 01:31 PM
hello
i start cycle my tank now work 8 days i do reef tank
size:100/60/60 380 liters
i have 2.3 phosphate and i need remove him
i want know what best solution to fix that
i heard that vinegar dosing is work good some one know who dosing this ?
and some m'L i should dosing to my 380 liters?

Yolly416
09/11/2017, 01:43 PM
Phosphate RX works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jda
09/11/2017, 01:45 PM
Your tank is 8 days old and you want to manually manipulate the chemistry? Did I read this right?

You should probably wait at least until the cycle is over before you add anything to the tank... and probably much longer than this.

danigerzon17
09/11/2017, 03:12 PM
Your tank is 8 days old and you want to manually manipulate the chemistry? Did I read this right?

You should probably wait at least until the cycle is over before you add anything to the tank... and probably much longer than this.

i know that to control phosphate i need to start in a beginning remove phosphate

so i ask about the vinegar i see some people use with him and this work
i want know if some one can explain me Should I put it in a drip and who many drip i should put in one hour and what is the dose i need to put in my tank 100 gallons?

thanks for advanced

jda
09/11/2017, 03:28 PM
Nonsense. You need phosphate in your water, and later on nitrogen, to build the bacteria that you will need for a stable tank.

The folks who try and manipulate either before their tank is fully cycled to where it can process Nitrate into Nitrogen Gas (this can take up to a year) usually struggle. This is beyond Nitrite into Nitrate.

Just let the tank do it's thing. Change 20% of your water a month and don't even look at phosphates until at least six months. You will have algae and dino/cyano bursts and other new tank problems - this is all part of it getting mature and growing the bacteria and microfauna to succeed. Anything that you do to impede this process will just hurt you later and delay real accomplishment even if it does make your tank look better for a few days.

Vinegar can work for some things for some folks, but you are probably a year from that.

mcgyvr
09/11/2017, 03:30 PM
I would NOT recommend vinegar dosing (carbon dosing) for your problem..
Its basically meant for continual dosing to help with long term nitrate and phosphate control..
Its NOT the best solution for a phosphate only issue.

Where did you get the rock from that its got such a phosphate issue?

If you have a phosphate issue you would be better off using GFO or Lanthanum Chloride to suck out the phosphate from the rock but I wouldn't do it during cycling either.. Either fix the rock before in its own tub or take care of it after the cycle.

And is that 2.3ppm? or ppb or what?

Alfrareef
09/11/2017, 03:39 PM
+1 just keep it simple. Do the cycle, enjoy the tank and after a few months you can start chasing that. Now it's a nonsense to measure those parameters and even worst to try to control them.

danigerzon17
09/11/2017, 04:04 PM
I would NOT recommend vinegar dosing (carbon dosing) for your problem..
Its basically meant for continual dosing to help with long term nitrate and phosphate control..
Its NOT the best solution for a phosphate only issue.

Where did you get the rock from that its got such a phosphate issue?

If you have a phosphate issue you would be better off using GFO or Lanthanum Chloride to suck out the phosphate from the rock but I wouldn't do it during cycling either.. Either fix the rock before in its own tub or take care of it after the cycle.

And is that 2.3ppm? or ppb or what?
my phosphate 2.3ppm

danigerzon17
09/11/2017, 04:06 PM
+1 just keep it simple. Do the cycle, enjoy the tank and after a few months you can start chasing that. Now it's a nonsense to measure those parameters and even worst to try to control them.

ok i can take care about this after few months but after cycle like 2 weeks after cycle i want put corals in tank and i afraid that so high phosphate can do troubles for my corals I understand right?

slief
09/11/2017, 04:08 PM
How can your phosphate be that high let alone on a new tank? Something isn't right and I suspect it's your testing methods. My phosphates are high at .25 PPM but it's not an issue and not something I chase.

Alfrareef
09/11/2017, 06:01 PM
ok i can take care about this after few months but after cycle like 2 weeks after cycle i want put corals in tank and i afraid that so high phosphate can do troubles for my corals I understand right?

With a few wc you'll lower the phosphates pretty quickly.
That's the approach I would follow.

eshark
09/11/2017, 08:26 PM
Wait until it's done cycling first, though I am not sure why you have phosphates for a new tank. Get some GFO (Granular Ferric Oxide) if it doesn't clear up.

I use GFO from Bulk Reef Supply and it works great at reducing phosphates. https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-bulk-gfo-granular-ferric-oxide.html