PDA

View Full Version : Reef octopus sss-5000-int

Chef Choy
09/11/2017, 08:26 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to give a solution to an issue that I have been chasing for 6+ months. When I built my system......and I think it happened to just about everyone I hope[emoji6].......there was one huge bummer that I didn't figure out until later. I cannot get my skimmer out of the sump to service without removing the WHOLE sump. I can get the cup off and clean, remove the pump, and get to the Venturi.....but can't remove the whole body. Well.....I was doing some maintenance, and the body of my skimmer gets a good amount of film and gunk as it sees a decent amount of light being right next to my fuge with my crazy overpowered fuge light. Well I just stuck my hand down the throat of my skimmer with a pad and went to town. Apparently i inadvertently moved this piece off to the side. It can just swivel in the body. Put things back together and it became a micro bubble factory. Took me forever to figure out how to fix it. I even took the pump out and cleaned it, and must have put it back together not paying attention to the fact that it wasn't centered again. I tried everything to fix it. Raising the skimmer, new gate valve, running it super wet....been over here chasing my tail, and it was something silly. Putting this out there so that maybe I can save some others some frustration.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170912/cced342fa0a23f3c3492d1bd11cdbce3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk