PDA

View Full Version : Please help with Apex and ATO coding

LetsGetTanked
09/11/2017, 09:12 PM
Can someone please help me out. Iím trying to automate my ATO, which gravity feeds my sump. In my storage container are two float switches (see diagram). When the RO water goes below Switch2, I want it to turn on the solenoid, refilling the container. I want it to continue filling until Switch 1 is triggered, which will shutoff the Solenoid. The problem Iíve run into is that it appears a switch canít do only one process. If the switch is being used, it seems to have to do both the ON and OFF functions. I have been trying to incorporate a virtual outlet, which I think will solve my issue, but I can't seem to get the programming right. If someone could please help save me from beating my head against the wall any more, I'd greatly appreciate it.

https://ibb.co/e3k6Da

LetsGetTanked
09/11/2017, 09:15 PM
Having trouble uploading pics right now, but here is a thread that shows my ATO diagram. I had it working when I had my old ACIII, but I've since upgraded to an APEX Classic and can't seem to get it working again. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2615488

LetsGetTanked
09/11/2017, 09:20 PM
Here you go, figured it out.

https://preview.ibb.co/jK7a6v/6m2EWV.jpg (https://ibb.co/e3k6Da)

FullBoreReefer
09/12/2017, 06:45 AM
Solenoid outlet programming...

Fallback OFF
If switch_2 = open then on
Defer 005:00 Then on
If switch _1 = closed then off
Defer 005:00 Then off

LetsGetTanked
09/12/2017, 07:40 AM
Hmm, maybe I was overthinking it. I will try this tonight and let you know if it works. I appreciate the help! Thanks!

FullBoreReefer
09/12/2017, 08:14 AM
No problem, you can shorten or lengthen the Defer statements to suit you better if needed.

LetsGetTanked
09/13/2017, 09:34 AM
Unfortunately, the logic above didn't work. It seems to be the same issue as with my old ACIII, "The problem I’ve run into is that it appears a switch can’t do only one process. If the switch is being used, it seems to have to do both the ON and OFF functions."

Any other ideas?

FullBoreReefer
09/13/2017, 10:38 AM
Interesting because my ATO bucket only uses one "low" sensor and a mechanical float valve as a safety shutoff. Here is my code...

Outlet for "ATO-Low"(sensor in bucket)...
Set OFF
If Sw3 OPEN Then ON
If Sw3 CLOSED Then OFF
Defer 060:00 Then ON

Outlet for ATO-Fill(24v solenoid)...
Set OFF
Fallback OFF
If Output ATO-Low = ON Then ON
Defer 075:00 Then OFF

Maybe try to use some virtual outlets instead like I do

LetsGetTanked
09/13/2017, 12:20 PM
With your programming, doesn't outlet ""ATO-Low" shut off immediately, as soon as the water level raises the switch and opens the circuit again? However, since the "ATO-Fill" outlet has the Defer command, once it's triggered to come on, it remains on for 75 minutes.

I wonder what would happen if the Defer command was removed?

FullBoreReefer
09/13/2017, 12:25 PM
With your programming, doesn't outlet ""ATO-Low" shut off immediately, as soon as the water level raises the switch and opens the circuit again?
However, since the "ATO-Fill" outlet has the Defer command, once it's triggered to come on, it remains on for 75 minutes.

I wonder what would happen if the Defer command was removed?

Yes ATO-LOW turns off immediately when the switch opens, BUT when it's ON it trigger the ATO-FILL outlet to turn on, opening my solenoid. The Defer command in the ATO-FILL then turns my solenoid off after 75mins. If I remove my Defer command from ATO-FILL it would overflow my bucket. I also use a mechanical float valve as a safety shutoff.

Flow chart...

"Low" sensor activates ATO-LOW outlet, which then activates the ATO-FILL outlet, which then activates my solenoid.

I have been using my programming for almost 9+ years, never an issue. I also have the outlet ATO-LOW in my email/text alert, so I know when my bucket refills.

LetsGetTanked
09/14/2017, 09:24 PM
Thanks! Ended up using your most recent example and it's working like a charm.

OUTLET - VO_ATO_Low
If Sw2 CLOSED Then ON
If Sw1 OPEN Then OFF

OUTLET - H2O_Sol
Fallback ON
Set OFF
If Outlet VO_ATO_Low = ON Then ON
If Outlet VO_ATO_Low = OFF Then OFF