PDA

View Full Version : Noon cycle

Mdj
09/12/2017, 06:57 PM
Ok I set my tank up 10 days ago expecting to wait 4 to 6 weeks for cycle to complete. I have a 10 gallon tank and put in 20lbs live and about 2lbs live rock and 12lbs dead rock dose with ammonia and let sit about 3 or four days when I realized I put way to much in about 3 caps. Did 95% water change and was reading at 3ppm on test kit. Kept re dosing to 3ppm for another 4 days was at zero each day tested nitites they where off chart stopped dosing ammonia 2days later 0 ammonia 0 nitrite nitrates off chart. I am not ready for fish as of yet should i keep dosing tank untill ready will be 2weeks at least. I checked today dosed to 1ppm ammonia within 3 hours it is down to zero ammonia and nitrite. Should I do water change now or wait until ready for fish. Thanks in advance sorry so long a post.

Mdj
09/12/2017, 06:57 PM
20lbs live sand

thegrun
09/12/2017, 08:39 PM
You should have only added ammonia once, so yes stop adding more! The bacteria will live well over a year without additional ammonia so adding more will only add to your nitrate problem. I would make a 100% water change to bring down the nitrates, the sooner the better.

Mdj
09/13/2017, 04:27 AM
Ok thanks will do s water change and hopefully can get nitrate down in next couple weeks.