PDA

View Full Version : Stocking List

Jayreef223
09/12/2017, 08:21 PM
Hey guys, kinda new to the hobby so I was looking for some good opinions on my stocking list. Well the fish are already stocked so just really looking for suggestions on what I should do. I love all my fish but something tells me I have too many for my tank. I have a 60 gallon tank with an aqueon sump, filter socks, refugium, and eshopps psk 75 protein skimmer, also running carbon. But I think I have too many fish. The following is my stocking list:

1-blue hippo
1-yellow tang
1- exquisite wrasse
3-anthias(2female 1 male)
4-chromis
2-clownfish
1-royal gramma
1-firefish
1-sandsifting goby

I love all my fish and would hate to remove some but if it's for the overall good. I'm willing to make some arrangements.
Thanks

Sobos Reef
09/12/2017, 09:23 PM
What are the dimensions of your tank? The 2 that stick out to me are the blue hippo and the 3 Anthias.. hippos require atleast a 6 foot tank IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thegrun
09/12/2017, 09:35 PM
There are a few fish that are not appropriate for your tank regardless of the dimensions:
blue hippo, yellow tang, exquisite wrasse and the anthias. Overall even 10 fish is a lot for a 60 gallon tank.

Jayreef223
09/12/2017, 09:50 PM
My tank dimensions are 13X48x25....so what do you guys recommend I do with my stock list?

thegrun
09/12/2017, 10:27 PM
Jay, rereading my post I hope I didn't come off too strong. The 48" dimension helps, but I would try to trade the blue hippo tang for sure. You don't mention the Anthias species, some may work in your tank provided you can feed them lightly several times a day, other species will likely never work. The yellow tang may get very aggressive do to a lack of swimming space but is far more likely to survive than the Hippo. My advice would be to either sell a few of the fish or try to trade them for store credit, in the long run your success rate will be much better if you do.

Jayreef223
09/12/2017, 11:18 PM
Thanks...I appreciate the feedback...I'm gonna try to trade a few fish and get a more appropriate stock list for my tank

Kremis
09/12/2017, 11:58 PM
looks good, but I would replace the blue hippo with a few wrasses or a dwarf angel. that tank is too small for one of those! good luck!