PDA

View Full Version : Raccoon Butterfly

Freind
09/13/2017, 01:44 PM
Hello Guys,

I have attached two pictures of my new Raccoon Butterfly.

If you notice there are white spots on her fins and tail. I am pritty much sure that it is not Ich.

I went to the fish store and he said it is fungus and freshwater dip will help, but I am not convinced.

Anyone has any idea what it is and how I can take care of it.

Thank you,

tjm9331
09/13/2017, 02:03 PM
I'm no expert, that much is for sure, but it looks to me to be either ich or lympho

did you quarantine the animal?

Tripod1404
09/13/2017, 04:11 PM
It is lympho, I dont think freshwater dips will help as it is a virus that lives inside the cells of the fish. Generally it disappears on its own. Can reaper if the fish gets stressed or etc.

Freind
09/13/2017, 04:44 PM
It is lympho, I dont think freshwater dips will help as it is a virus that lives inside the cells of the fish. Generally it disappears on its own. Can reaper if the fish gets stressed or etc.

I just called the owner of the fish store, and he said exactly same thing.

He said: Leave the fish alone, as long as the fish is eating

tonysi
09/13/2017, 04:55 PM
+1 good quality food and good quality water and lympho will go away on its own

Freind
09/13/2017, 04:55 PM

thank you

tonysi
09/13/2017, 05:19 PM
No problem. Good luck with your new addition.

scooter31707
09/14/2017, 08:36 AM

IME, I also added a vitamin like Vita-chem or Selcon for it's food to soak in.

tjm9331
09/14/2017, 09:05 AM
IME, I also added a vitamin like Vita-chem or Selcon for it's food to soak in.

+1 a vitamin such as vita-chem will help in it's recovery

Freind

One question about the food. I will also post it a new thread.

From childhood I have a tendency of preparing my own food and I am still doing it.

My butterfly do not eat pallets. So I thought to mix the pallets with my preparation of shrimp and scallops. But she is smart and spit out the pallets and eat the rest. So I thought why not mixing organic garlic with my preparation but I don't know what ratio should I keep. Anyone have any ideas about it.
Thank you

Freind

From childhood I have a tendency of preparing my own food and I am still doing it.

My butterfly do not eat pallets. So I thought to mix the pallets with my preparation of shrimp and scallops. But she is smart and spit out the pallets and eat the rest. So I thought why not mixing organic garlic with my preparation but I don't know what ratio should I keep. Anyone have any ideas about it.
Thank you

scooter31707
09/14/2017, 02:09 PM

Thank you

IME, Butterflies can be tricky. If you only feed pellets for awhile, I believe it will come around start eating those pellets.

monkeysee1
09/14/2017, 06:52 PM
Aww, she's beautiful!
Did you quarantine her?
Might be Lympho. The lumpy cottony mass at the end of her tail leads me to think it is. Ich is more sprinkly -salty or sugary grain like in appearance.

IME, Butterflies can be tricky. If you only feed pellets for awhile, I believe it will come around start eating those pellets.

My Pakistani hates them. He's a carnivore all the way, man!! (He loves Rod's food, fish eggs, clam, and scallops). He eats like a king - and me out of house and home.
:lol2:

Freind
09/14/2017, 07:00 PM
Aww, she's beautiful!
Did you quarantine her?
Might be bacterial. Might want to get some Dr. G's Kankamycin caviar.
Fish go nuts over it!

My Pakistani hates them. He's a carnivore all the way, man!! (He loves Rod's food, fish eggs, clam, and scallops). He eats like a king - and me out of house and home.
:lol2:

No I did not.
The place from I bought her is new and they have separate tanks in the back for treatment and quarantine. When I decide to buy it he put her in the back for almost 10 days and she was also treated with copper.