PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Ceriths...

GardenVariety
09/13/2017, 03:34 PM
I purchased a package from Reef Cleaners. The Dwarfs were highly recommended so I purchased 75 for my 200. I expected they would be hidden during the day but they are constantly out, littered on the sandbed. It's kind of an eye sore. Anyone else experience this? Will it subside?

pagojoe
09/16/2017, 11:56 AM
Some cerith species will spend most of the time buried or partially buried in the sand.
These are usually white, or pale in color. The dark species are more likely to remain on the surface and in plain view, day or night. I suspect that yours aren't going to be hiders.

GardenVariety
09/16/2017, 01:09 PM
Some cerith species will spend most of the time buried or partially buried in the sand.
These are usually white, or pale in color. The dark species are more likely to remain on the surface and in plain view, day or night. I suspect that yours aren't going to be hiders.

That's unfortunate. I'll probably have to start removing them little by little. Thanks for the information.

Daihiep
09/16/2017, 06:16 PM
Maybe too much available food? Mines hide all day unless its feedong time or at night.

GardenVariety
09/16/2017, 06:48 PM
Maybe too much available food? Mines hide all day unless its feedong time or at night.

Probably not since I don't have any fish. They seem to come out everyday at the same time.