PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a 29 gal high tank. 2 ocellaris clowns, watchman goby, corals?

Zpmada
09/14/2017, 11:04 AM
Hello,

Tonight I will fill my 29 gallon high glass aqueon aquarium with RODI water (AquaticLife Twist-In 4 Stage Compact Reverse Osmosis/Deionization System 100 gpd Unit) that has been mixed with Seachem vibrant sea salt. My substrate will be CaribSea Caribbean Live Sand Original Grade. I will also soak 10lbs of CaribSea South Seas Base Rock overnight in RODI water and have 20 more lbs on the way including MicroBacter7. I understand that it can take 6 months for this rock to "purple" and become "premium live rock", that is fine I am patient. Will I be able to add a pair of ocellaris clownfish in two months? How about toadstool or frogspawn? Should the coral or fish go in first? I also purchased an aquaclear 50, and Jager 150watt heater. I'm setting up a jbj ato. I plan to get a skimmer when I get coral, mainly looking for the hardiest species.

Also, can a watchman goby and srimp work in this tank?

How about three blue yellow tail damsels?

Thanks

Mr. Eel
09/14/2017, 11:53 AM
Wait till all your amonis nitrate and nitrite check out at 0 then you can put fish in (the nitrate is safe up to about 40 for hardy fish so you can put in a little early if you want). For corals wait till the algae bloom is over and nitrate checks out at 0 also you want magnesium to be at 1280 ppm alkalinity to be at 125 ppm and phosphate to be below .03 ppm. The damsels will be aggressive towards your otherwise peaceful fish so dont get those. Clowns goby and shimp will be fine and i'd suggest a six line wrasse, or any other reef safe 30gal tank fish (look on this site: http://www.liveaquaria.com/category/1378/wrasse-reef-safe?c=15+1378&r=3122&s=ts&start=1&page_num=1&count=24)