PDA

View Full Version : Spectrapure MaxCap RO/DI problem

d2mini
09/14/2017, 03:50 PM
Just swapped in some new filters I ordered direct from spectrapure.
After I started the system back up, the solenoid from the autoflush started pulsing on and off every few seconds. It did this for two hours before I finally turned the system off.

Any ideas?
I left a message with tech support but haven't heard back yet.

d2mini
09/15/2017, 10:45 AM
No call back yet and when I call tech support it goes right to voicemail.
No way to stay on hold and wait for someone.
This is starting to **** me off. :mad2:

billdogg
09/15/2017, 11:44 AM
Although it's a different company, I'd give Russ at www.buckeyehydro.com a call. It's probably something simple?

d2mini
09/18/2017, 10:06 AM
I finally heard back.
Sounds like my pressure is too low, which causes rapid cycling.
It had dropped substantially and that was one reason i got new filters but new filters didn't fix it.
I need to figure out why pressure dropped.
My lines are outside so they may be clogged. Time to investigate.

mcgyvr
09/18/2017, 11:18 AM
I see Houston location...
Makes me think the city can't maintain the same water pressure due to leaks,etc.. due to storm related issues?

Every once in a while my town will do system maintenance and supply pressure can drop way down.. (Happened a few nights ago with late night maintenance.. I can't to bed and was brushing my teeth like a good little boy and there was almost no pressure... next morning right back up again)

d2mini
09/18/2017, 01:17 PM
I see Houston location...
Makes me think the city can't maintain the same water pressure due to leaks,etc.. due to storm related issues?

Every once in a while my town will do system maintenance and supply pressure can drop way down.. (Happened a few nights ago with late night maintenance.. I can't to bed and was brushing my teeth like a good little boy and there was almost no pressure... next morning right back up again)

Nah, although pressure has fluctuated a bit in the past, this happened before the storms.
I'm leaning towards clogged lines but we'll see. Pressure inside the house seems fine.
I also received another suggestion from them that I should upgrade my supply line from 1/4 to 3/8 because it's more than 10ft long.
So I'll probably do that too.

mcgyvr
09/18/2017, 01:25 PM
yep.. just throwing that out there.. wasn't sure when it all started..

CafeReef
09/18/2017, 01:27 PM
yea this happened to me too when I first put in my check valve. it kept opening and closing and caused inconsistent pressure.