PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! Giesemann fixture suddenly won't connect to computer

Goubli
09/17/2017, 03:53 AM
Hello and thanks for any replies, although I fear the worst for my lighting fixture.

Tonight for no reason at all my circuit tripped and when I reset it, everything worked except for my lights. I have an Aurora hybrid LED/t5. The unit is discoverable by my computer, but there is an error connecting to the unit.

I had noticed that towards the end of my day cycle one of the LED clusters turned off while others were on. I'd also noticed that as the outputs change throughout the day the whole unit dims and then turns off and then turns back on with the appropriate changes in spectrum. Is that normal? I know the LED aspect isn't.

Is it possible something in the light got fried and sent current to my outlet to trigger the break necessitating the reset? This is the only theory I have right now. I mean what the hell do I do in the meantime? Do I basically buy another pricey fixture? I haven't even had it running for 6 months.:hmm2::mad:

LQT
09/17/2017, 03:28 PM
If it's been running for only 6 months, it should still be under warranty, no?

Goubli
09/18/2017, 01:57 PM
So, yesterday I woke up and the light was working. Furthermore, I could connect to the Bluetooth and control the color spectrum. However, at 9pm (the same time the light quit the previous night) the light completely shut off and although I was still logged into futura it would not power back on.

What do you think is going on? I'll have to contact coralvue. Good news is that maybe it can be repaired without me having to send it in.

azsoccerpop
09/19/2017, 10:17 AM
So, yesterday I woke up and the light was working. Furthermore, I could connect to the Bluetooth and control the color spectrum. However, at 9pm (the same time the light quit the previous night) the light completely shut off and although I was still logged into futura it would not power back on.

What do you think is going on? I'll have to contact coralvue. Good news is that maybe it can be repaired without me having to send it in.

Is the power plugged into your apex? If so check to make sure that outlet is not programmed to power off at 21:00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goubli
09/19/2017, 08:23 PM
Steve, man I cannot thank you enough! The lights were plugged into the apex and that was the issue. I suspect that the original reason it couldn't hook up to the bluetooth was that after the circuit tripped the light probably did an internal firmware reset/update.

Anyway, everything seems to be doing better. I need to update my build thread now!

azsoccerpop
09/20/2017, 10:54 AM
Steve, man I cannot thank you enough! The lights were plugged into the apex and that was the issue. I suspect that the original reason it couldn't hook up to the bluetooth was that after the circuit tripped the light probably did an internal firmware reset/update.

Anyway, everything seems to be doing better. I need to update my build thread now!

Glad I can help maybe someday we can meet up at the PROP meeting. Also since your Geismann has its programming setup you don't need on/off capability of the Apex outlet you could move the plug to just a surgebar or if you change that outlet type to Always then on it will just stay powered on

Goubli
09/20/2017, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I originally had it plugged into a separate outlet and I didn't realize these clowns moved it when they were attempting to set stuff up. We definitely need to meet up sometime! Check out my build thread as I posted some pics of the tank in there.

Cheers!