PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Tim's One and Only

shaginwagon13
09/17/2017, 07:38 AM
Questions for you guys,

I have a friend who recently installed a large (550+ gallon complete system) in an Private school library for the kids as a favor.

He was wondering, in regards to using Dr. Tim's One and Only, does he toss in 1-2 shrimp to kick off the cycle, wait until the ammonia spikes and then add Dr. Tim's? Or does he add both the shrimp and Dr. Tim's at the same time.

He placed dead rock in the tank so he was also going to add some liverock so the tank can seed from it.

Any help would be awesome. I have never personally used Dr. Tim's but I hear others have with good success.

mcgyvr
09/17/2017, 08:08 AM
both at same time..

jda
09/17/2017, 08:57 AM
Blend those shrimp up before you put them in. The juices from some Mysis will work just as well. So will some real live rock.

Nobody needs Dr. Tims, but it won't hurt anything either.

Brooklyn11220
09/17/2017, 09:19 AM
Thats nice of him, I would ask him to take his time. Let the cycle do its thing.

shaginwagon13
09/17/2017, 05:59 PM
Thats nice of him, I would ask him to take his time. Let the cycle do its thing.

Ya and the tank is most definitely not too shabby. I was there a few weeks ago to take a look, he even core-drilled the pluming all into the basement about 15 feet away to keep all the filtration in the basement. He wants to have an all SPS reef and allow the kids the learn about reefs, oceans and the chemistry that goes along with this hobby. I think it was a pretty cool idea.

Pic is below.

https://i.imgur.com/nLldd5b.jpg