PDA

View Full Version : Does it end?

Timmo760
09/17/2017, 09:31 PM
So I've had. Y tank running for about 5 months now. Just trying to get everything stable and in check. Finally started to get my alk and ca more stable from corals. Have had issues along the way of course. Just the other day I woke up to my return pump not working anymore. Worked my schedule around to get a new pump asap. And now today my aqua medic ato is acting up. Wasn't pumping enough this morning and now wants to pump too much. Now seems to be working properly again. Do the headaches ever end? Lol. It's just frustrating lol. Sorry for the rant. Thanks for reading

gogo7
09/17/2017, 09:40 PM
aaaah.... perseverance...... lesson number two is that everything dies... eventually.

Timmo760
09/17/2017, 09:41 PM
It's just frustrating. U solve one thing. Then something happened to throw it all off again

jlmawp
09/17/2017, 09:42 PM
So I've had. Y tank running for about 5 months now. Just trying to get everything stable and in check. Finally started to get my alk and ca more stable from corals. Have had issues along the way of course. Just the other day I woke up to my return pump not working anymore. Worked my schedule around to get a new pump asap. And now today my aqua medic ato is acting up. Wasn't pumping enough this morning and now wants to pump too much. Now seems to be working properly again. Do the headaches ever end? Lol. It's just frustrating lol. Sorry for the rant. Thanks for reading

I don't have a lot of equipment like that, so I have many less points of failure to speak from...but as far as tank stability is concerned, yes it absolutely gets better. I didn't feel like I had any kind of real stability until about 10 months in. I have a 9-gallon nano with nothing but a sponge filter. No ato, no skimmer, no refugium...nothing like that. Just doing regular water changes, siphoning out detritus, and making doing level measurements every 2-3 weeks to make sure things are cool.

Give it time. You'll find a good balance as your tank evens out on the bio side. I'm no reef genius. If I can do it, anyone can.

Timmo760
09/17/2017, 09:44 PM
Thanks. I figured it isn't just me but just needed to say my frustration lol

duncanpate1
09/17/2017, 09:47 PM
I don't know about everyone else but really like the day or two a month my tank gives me a day off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thegrun
09/17/2017, 11:08 PM
Spending money on higher end quality equipment may seem like a waste of money and an unnecessary expense, but in the long run the bargain basement made in China equipment has a very bad habit of biting you in the rear end by breaking down at what is inevitably the most inconvenient time.