PDA

View Full Version : screw from ligh cover in fell into back chamber

bcb577
09/19/2017, 10:33 PM
While working on my lights my wife went to put one of the screws into the light cover it felk into the pump chamber.we couldnt find the screw for a bit and had no idea were it went.i finally located it halfway under the main pump in the rear chamber, I was worried I was going to have to take rocks out if I didnt find it,my question is what would happen if it was in the tank unfound? would the metal in the tank poison things? im sure it would rust causing more problems.just happy we found it but not until I lost my religion, dropped a few f bombs,and was searching ferociously like a cop detoxing,lol

ReefWreak
09/20/2017, 12:09 PM
It wouldn't have been the end of the world, as people have often found rusty bits here or there in their tanks over the years generally without issue, but it's always recommended to go recover the screw if you can, because you just never know.

Glad you were able to find it. I fear the day that I'll eventually lose a screw like that... My tank would be a huge headache to take apart to retrieve a screw. Hopefully if I lost it I would just have to suffer putting my hands in the tank to reach the back chamber...

aznflyfisherman
09/20/2017, 03:52 PM
Should be fine, i dropped a few n nothing happen.